Emergencies: 911

If you are in need of immediate medical attention, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call 911.

Information on this page was last updated December 11, 2018​.


Emergency contacts Hospitals and other emergency resources near campus
After hours If you require medical care when the Health & Wellness Centre is closed, visit one of these local walk-in clinics
24-hour crisis The City of Toronto offers a variety of crisis services
Sexual assault/safety 24/7 EMERGENCY CONTACTS both on and off campus
Sexual assault/safety Sexual assault/safety on-campus resources
Sexual assault/safety Off-campus treatment centres
Other resources Other crisis resources, from food banks and housing to child care and legal services

Emergency contacts

If you are in need of immediate medical attention, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call 911.

Hospitals near St. George campus:

Mount Sinai Hospital: 416-586-4800

Toronto General Hospital: 416-340-3388

Women's College Hospital: 416-323-6500

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH): 416-535-8501 ext. 6885

For other emergencies, contact Campus police: 416-978-2222




Hospitals near UTSC:

The Scarborough Hospital (Birchmount Campus): 416-495-2400


Hospitals near UTM:

Mississauga Trillium Hospital: 905-848-7493

After hours and weekend clinics

Information on this page was last updated December 11, 2018. 

The Health & Wellness Centre is closed evenings, weekends and all Statutory Holidays. If you require medical care when the service is closed, you can find care at a local walk-in clinic.

Find Healthcare, when and where you need it. Search with iamsick.ca or download the free iamsick.ca app.

  • To arrange for a doctor to visit you at home contact MedVisit.
  • To get health advice or general health information from a Registered Nurse, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or visit the Telehealth website.

Disclaimer: We compiled the following list for your convenience. The individual clinics may change their location and hours without notice. While we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, errors may occur. Please call the individual clinic to confirm their information.

Albany Medical Clinic
807 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  Bay College Medical and Lockwood Diagnostics
(family practice, walk-in, dental care, optometric centre, physiotherapy and rehab, and pharmacy)
790 Bay St. Ste. 108 (Bay St. at College St.) 
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8

  • Optometric Centre: 416-925-6677
  • Dental Centre: 416-640-6400
  • Physio and rehab: 416-847-1100

The Bay Centre For Birth Control 
790 Bay St. 8th Floor (Bay St. at College St.)
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8

*UHIP Accepted*  Bay College Medical Centre
777 Bay St. Ste. 216C
Toronto, ON

Bay-Wellesley Medical Services & Walk-In Clinic 
#100 – 984 Bay St. 
Toronto, ON

The Doctor’s Office
595 Bay Street
Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  Fairlawn Medical Centre
2401 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  Harbourfront Health & Wellness 
8 York St.
Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  The Medical Practice Walk-in Clinic
799 Bloor St. W.
Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  Sanomed Medical Clinic
1000 Bay Street,

Toronto, ON

*UHIP Accepted*  Sheppard Beecroft Medical Clinic
48 Sheppard Ave. W. (Yonge St. and Sheppard Ave.)
North York, ON

24-hour crisis resources

Good2Talk is a free, confidential and anonymous helpline for post-secondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365. Call1-866-925-5454

The City of Toronto offers a variety of crisis services through Emergency and Crisis Services at 211Toronto.ca.

The Gerstein Centre offers crisis intervention to adults living in the City of Toronto who experience mental health problems. Services include telephone support, community visits and a short-stay residence. All services are free of charge and can be accessed through the Crisis Line at 416-929-5200, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 


Sexual assault/safety

24/7 emergency on-campus

University Campus Police

St. George | 416-978-2222

UTM | 905-569-4333

UTSC | 416-287-7333

Living in residence? Contact residence life professional staff and/or your Dean of Students.

24/7 emergency off-campus

Assaulted Women's Helpline | 416-863-0511 | TTY/ATS 416-364-8762

Toronto Rape Crisis Centre | 416-597-8808

York Region Women's Sexual Assault Helpline | 905-895-7313

Hostel Services, Central Intake | 416-397-5637 

Ontario Victim Support Line | 416-314-2447

Peel Rape Crisis Centre | 905-273-9442

Sexual assault/safety on-campus resources

For all U of T services, programs and resources related to sexual violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment: U of T Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre | 416-978-2266

Sexual assault/safety on-campus resources

For all U of T services, programs and resources related to Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault & Sexual Harassment | safety.utoronto.ca

Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre | 416-978-2266

Community Safety Office  |  416-978-1485

St. George Health & Wellness  | 416-978-8030

UTM Health & Counselling Centre  | 905-828-5255

UTSC Health & Wellness Centre  | 416-287-7065

Off-campus treatment centres

Sexual assault/domestic violence treatment centres

Downtown Toronto (St. George)
Women's College Hospital  |  416-323-6040  |  76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON The clinic is located on the first floor in the Acute Ambulatory Care Unit Room 1256

All services are provided by registered nurses. The services include, but are not limited to: Crisis support; Assessment and documentation and of injuries/ assault history; Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections; Emergency contraceptive options; Testing for drugs that may have been used to commit the assault; Assessment of risk and safety planning ; Referral to community resources. If the victim chooses to involve the police: the hospital will carefully collect and document the necessary evidence for release and analysis.


Mississauga (UTM)

The Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Services located at Trillium Health Centre | 905-848-7493 | 100 Queensway West, Mississauga ON

Clients may access this 24-hour, 7-day a week service through the Emergency Department. A specially trained nurse provides one-on-one care including assessment, treatment, documentation of injuries (may include photographing), safety planning, emotional support and information concerning medical, legal and counselling options. This process takes place in the safety and security of a private unit separate from the Emergency Department.


Scarborough (UTSC)

The Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centre (SA/DVCC) at The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) Phone | 416-495-2555  or TTY: 416-498-6739 | 3030 Birchmount Road, Scarborough, ON

Provides care that is offered 24 hours a day to men, women and transgendered individuals who have been sexually assaulted or experienced intimate partner violence.

Other emergency resources

Child Care – Family Care Office

Clothing – the Women's Centre runs a clothing bank

Financial – Individual Colleges and Faculties as well as, First Nations and Admissions and Awards.

Food – Food Bank run by the Women's Centre.

Emergency Contraception (previously known as the Morning After Pill)

  • Health & Wellness Centre Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (4:30 p.m. in July and August) 
  • After hours, The House, 36B Prince Arthur Ave, (416-927-7171) is open for Drop-In, Monday to Thursday from 4 – 8 p.m., and on Friday from 4 – 7 p.m.
  • On weekends, go to the nearest hospital such as Women's College Hospital


Housing – Student Housing Service

Legal Services  Downtown Legal Services (DLS) provides legal services to University of Toronto students. Services are provided by University of Toronto law students under the supervision of qualified lawyers.

Safety  Community Safety CoordinatorCampus PoliceWalkSafer, Sexual Harassment Office.

211 Community Information Service – Comprehensive information on community, social, health and government services in the City of Toronto and surrounding areas: www.211toronto.ca/index.jsp

Violence Or Abuse – If you need help leaving a situation call the Community Safety Coordinator.

In some cases, your registrar, dean of students, or departmental counselling services may also be able to help.