Health & Wellness does NOT offer flu vaccinations. Find out where to get a free flu shot on or near campus under Service Delivery.
Learn more about how to fight the flu:
Flu shots from Toronto Public Health are free for all students.
Flu shots from pharmacies are free for students with OHIP coverage. Fees may vary for students from other Canadian provinces. Contact the pharmacy to confirm.
For international students with UHIP, some physician offices and pharmacies may charge a fee for administering the flu shot. UHIP will cover the administration of the flu shot fee at UHIP rates. Please see guidelines on how to submit a claim if you are charged for your flu shot.
Some walk-in clinics offer free flu shots for international students. Check under Service Delivery.
Find out when and where to get a flu shot under COVID-19 circumstances this year from Toronto Public Health. Toronto Public Health offers free flu shots by appointment.
Visit iamsick.ca to search for pharmacies and clinics that offer flu shots near you. Contact them directly to check their availability and process for getting a flu shot.
Flu shots on campus
- Discover Pharmacy at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, 144 College St, Toronto, ON M5S 3M2. Available by appointment only.
Pharmacies close to the Health & Wellness Centre that offer flu shots
- Rexall Store & Pharmacy, 474 Spadina Ave., corner of Spadina Ave. & College St.
- Rexall PharmaPlus, 777 Bay St., corner of Bay St. & College St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 718 Yonge St., near Yonge St. & Bloor St.
For international students with UHIP coverage
International students and their eligible dependents can receive a flu shot free of charge by booking an appointment at:
If you experience any difficulty at Shoppers Drug Mart, notify headquarters at 1-800-SHOPPERs (1-800-746-7737) or email@example.com.
Some walk-in clinics near campus also provide free flu shots:
Royal Care Medical Centre (College location)
- 295 College Street, at the corner of College St. and Spadina Ave.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Phone: 416-925-5511
Appletree Medical Group (multiple locations)
- Multiple locations in Toronto, including locations near St. George campus
- Visit their website for phone number and hours of operation
- Flu shot at no cost when you bring your UHIP card
- $15 co-pay if you see a doctor for other reasons in addition to getting flu shot
Remember to bring your UHIP card and TCard when visiting a pharmacy or clinic.