A Tuberculosis (TB) skin test will tell you if you have been exposed to the TB bacteria. There are two parts to TB testing further described in the Service delivery section below:
- TB test administration
- TB test result reading
Effective July 1, 2019, all TB tests and TB reads will be by appointment only.
- Full-time and part-time University of Toronto undergraduate and graduate students who have paid the appropriate incidental fees.
- Toronto School of Theology undergradate students at Emmanuel College in the conjoint full-time basic degree program.
- Students in the School of Continuing Studies English Language Program (identified by a student card)
- Students who are in high-risk categories (e.g. students or members of one of the health professions, or those travelling in areas where TB is endemic) are particularly vulnerable and are strongly advised to have annual TB testing.
Read the full Health & Wellness Eligibility Policy.
Fees apply for school-mandated TB testing (for professional programs, for example, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, or school-related placement) and non-school-related TB testing.
Only medically necessary TB skin tests are covered under OHIP. Source: City of Toronto Communicable Disease Control.
Non-school related TB testing, for example, work, volunteering, third-party requests:
- $40 for each step
- $35 for Immunization Form
School-mandated TB testing (for professional program, for example, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, or school-related placement):
You must provide supporting documents, for example, official letter on department letterhead, otherwise you will be charged the fee(s) for non-school-related TB Testing (see above).
- $15 for documentation
- $25 for Immunization Form
All fees and prices are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, errors may occur.
Privacy & Policies