Better Coping Skills
If you’re having trouble coping with the demands of university life—or even regular everyday situations—this four-workshop series is right for you.
- Worry constantly about worst-case scenarios?
- Blame or criticize yourself, even when things are going well?
- Feel like your emotions are overwhelming and difficult to tolerate?
- Avoid situations or activities because it makes you nervous or because you think you’ll fail?
- Push yourself to do things perfectly, but still feel like a failure?
The workshops can help you develop coping skills to thrive and better meet the demands of university, work and your personal life, such as:
- balanced thinking
- healthy behaviours
- managing emotions
- balanced living
You can attend workshops in person or try the online option.
Grad students have the option of attending the Better Coping Skills by SGS workshop series.
Undergraduate and graduate students who have been screened or assessed by Health & Wellness, or following intake, are waiting for mental health treatment to start.
How The Program Works
When: Every Tuesday and Friday, from 12 – 1:30 p.m. Bring your lunch!
Where: Group Room B (Mezzanine Level), Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College Street, 2nd floor
- Follow the sign to the Health & Wellness Centre, 2nd floor and stop on the landing.
- Enter the room using the door on the landing area (look for orange signs).
- If you need elevator access, see instructions in the Considerations & Exceptions section below.
Registration is required.
Considerations & Exceptions
Elevator access to group rooms A and B
- Enter the U of T Bookstore by the entrance across from Health & Wellness, 1st Floor (Suite 111 – main level).
- Ask any Bookstore staff member to assist you. They will escort you to the elevator in the Bookstore and take you up to the 2nd floor.
- Exit the Bookstore on the 2nd floor, pass the stairs and knock on the Student Life Communications door on your left.
- Communications staff members will show you where the rooms are.
For workshop times outside of Bookstore hours:
- Please contact Health & Wellness in advance so we can give the Bookstore notice and they can accommodate the request.