Access peer support in person at Robarts Library, Room 1152 and at the Engineering and Computer Science Library, Room 2402C or virtually on Zoom. Look under Service Delivery for more details.
If you’re ever confused or struggling and need a trained peer to:
- hear you out
- support you
- connect you to useful resources
Health & Wellness peer support is here to help. Chat with a trained University of Toronto student peer about whatever is on your mind, right away! Support is offered in a one-on-one, drop-in, non-judgmental, confidential and accessible space online or in-person.
Peer support service is open to all students at the University of Toronto, St. George campus.
For the full peer support experience online, we ask that you have access to a functional microphone and webcam. If you have any accessibility concerns, please email us at email@example.com or chat with one of our peer supporters in a session.
Please note that the Health & Wellness peer support service is not a crisis service.
If you are a student and you are feeling distressed:
- Call, text or chat with a counsellor at U of T My SSP whether you are in Canada or anywhere else in the world. U of T My SSP is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and service is available in multiple languages. Call 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578. Download the My SSP app to chat with a counsellor.
- If you are in Canada, you can also call the Good2Talk helpline for post-secondary students at 1-866-925-5454. Good2Talk is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you are a student experiencing distress on campus, call U of T Campus Safety anytime at 416-978-2222.
- If you are in Canada and in any emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest urgent care centre or hospital emergency department.
We are open for virtual and in-person, one-on-one, drop-in, confidential support sessions on:
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Access virtual peer support
Depending on how busy the service is, you may have to wait in a waiting room before being connected with a peer supporter.
While you are in the waiting room, a peer supporter will message you with further instructions and an estimated wait time. When you are in a session please turn your microphone and camera on. If you have any issues with this, please let the peer supporter know.
Access in-person peer support
You can drop in to chat with a peer supporter in person during service hours at:
- Robarts Library in Room 1152 (available from Wednesdays to Fridays).
- The Engineering and Computer Science Library in Sanford Fleming Building, Room 2402C (available on Wednesdays only).
- Starting Thursday, March 2, you can access peer support at the Student Commons in Room 246 (available on Thursdays only).
Any student at the University of Toronto St. George campus, regardless of your college/faculty affiliation, can access either location.
Please bring your TCard when accessing our in-person locations. Upon arrival, you will be asked to wear a mask and to complete a short, confidential COVID-19 screening form.
Just like when you access the virtual service, you will also be asked to complete a confidentiality agreement. Please bring a smart device (e.g., phone, tablet or laptop) with you to complete the confidentiality agreement.
No prior appointment is needed. Please knock on the door and a peer supporter will let you in.
Privacy & Policies
Please feel free to join with an alias while in the waiting room. We ask that you disclose your full name to the peer supporter when in session and in the confidentiality agreement.
You will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement that asks for your full name, contact information and an emergency contact. You must complete this agreement before being placed in a session with a peer supporter.