Privacy & Cancellation policy
Please also take note of our cancellation policies - there are fees for missing a booked appointment without contacting us in advance to cancel it.
Privacy and confidentiality
The Health & Wellness Centre is bound by PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act of 2004) and professional standards and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Health & Wellness will hold information about you in confidence and will share this information only with others involved in your health care. Any information you disclose will be released only with your permission and written consent.
*Please note there are changes to our Cancellation Policy.
The Health and Wellness Centre requires adequate notice for cancellations in order to make appointment times available to other students and to accommodate more student needs.
How to cancel an appointment
If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, notify us as soon as possible by:
- Calling the Health and Wellness Centre at 416-978-8030. Follow the prompt to speak to a Receptionist or leave a voice mail. If you leave a voicemail, please include your name, student number, date and time of your appointment.
For an appointment that you booked online, sign into your online booking account to cancel the appointment.
Please do not email us to cancel an appointment.
Fees if you cancel an appointment without proper notice:
- Cancellation of a regular 15-minute medical appointment requires at least 4 hours’ notice. Failure to give proper notification will result in a $40 charge.
- Cancellation of 30-minute and 60-minute appointments or workshops requires at least 48 hours’ notice. Failure to give proper notification will result in a $60 charge. Cancellation of such an appointment booked for a Monday must be cancelled by 4:30 pm on Thursday.
- Cancellation of a Psychiatrist appointment requires at least 48 hours’ notice. Failure to give proper notification will result in a $100 charge. Cancellation of such an appointment booked for a Monday must be cancelled by 4:30 pm on Thursday.
- Cancellation of a Colposcopy appointment and appointments 90 minutes or longer requires at least 72 hours’ notice. Failure to give proper notification will result in a $100 charge.
Unpaid invoices resulting from short notice cancellations or a no-show will result in a hold being placed on your ROSI/ACORN student account, which impacts access to your transcripts.
Students, who are assessed to owe fees, and have missed their appointment due to circumstances beyond their control, may be eligible to have these assessed fees waived. Requests for fee reversals must be submitted to Health & Wellness within 2 weeks of the missed appointment.
Updated: February 20, 2018