Now is your time to thrive! Fresh Start is for students who have experienced academic setbacks at U of T.
About Fresh Start
Build resiliency skills and learn how to bounce back from academic setbacks by attending a Fresh Start workshop and/or the Fresh Start conference.
Discover how you learn best and hear from others who have thrived after experiencing difficult academic situations.
Fresh Start: One-Day Conference
Saturday, February 3, 2018 (9:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
In this one-day conference, hear from students, faculty, and alumni about bouncing back from academic setbacks.
Attend concurrent sessions on: building academic skills, using mindfulness for success, connecting the dots from your academic life and your career, and more.
The Fresh Start Conference is open to:
- All undergraduate students at the St. George campus.
- Students who have struggled in one or more courses, and/or who have failed a course, and/or who are on probation or returning from suspension.
- Students interested in developing skills and setting achievable goals for success.
Saturday, February 3, 2018
9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Bahen Centre, Room 1130 (40 St. George Street)
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. – Breakfast and Registration
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. – Welcome & Faculty & Alumni Panel Discussion: Learning from Failure
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:25 p.m. – Core Session #1: Building Resiliency & Success
- 12:25 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. – Lunch (provided)
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:25 p.m. – Core Session #2: Building Academic Skills for Success
- 2:35 p.m. - 3:35 p.m. – Concurrent sessions:
- Understanding Academic Expectations (Engage with professors to uncover academic expectations at U of T)
- Connecting the Dots from Here to…Where? (Exploring ways to put a ‘career lens’ on your academic experience)
- Mindfulness for Academic Success (Learn mindfulness practices to support your academic goals)
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. – Closing reflection
Registration will open in November 2017!
Please visit the Academic Success Centre and the Career Centre for support in getting a fresh start at U of T, through our ongoing appointments, workshops, and programs.
If you have questions, or if you are a student that can no longer attend, or would like to be added to the wait list, please contact Rahul Bha at email@example.com.