Now is your time to thrive! Fresh Start is for students who have experienced academic setbacks at U of T.
About Fresh Start
Build resiliency skills and learn how to bounce back from academic setbacks by attending a Fresh Start workshop and/or the Fresh Start conference.
Discover how you learn best and hear from others who have thrived after experiencing difficult academic situations.
Fresh Start: One-Day Conference
Saturday, February 4, 2017 (9:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
In this one-day conference, hear from students, faculty, and alumni about bouncing back from academic setbacks.
Attend concurrent sessions on: building academic skills, using mindfulness for success, connecting the dots from your academic life and your career, and more.
The Fresh Start Conference is open to:
- All undergraduate students at the St. George campus.
- Students who have struggled in one or more courses, and/or who have failed a course, and/or who are on probation or returning from suspension.
- Students interested in developing skills and setting achievable goals for success.
Saturday, February 4, 2017
9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Bahen Centre, Room 1130 (40 St. George Street)
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. – Breakfast and Registration
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. – Welcome & Faculty & Alumni Panel Discussion: Learning from Failure
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:25 p.m. – Core Session #1: Building Resiliency & Success
- 12:25 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. – Lunch (provided)
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:25 p.m. – Core Session #2: Building Academic Skills for Success
- 2:35 p.m. - 3:35 p.m. – Concurrent sessions:
- Understanding Academic Expectations (Engage with professors to uncover academic expectations at U of T)
- Connecting the Dots from Here to…Where? (Exploring ways to put a ‘career lens’ on your academic experience)
- Mindfulness for Academic Success (Learn mindfulness practices to support your academic goals)
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. – Closing reflection
Registration for the Fresh Start Conference is now closed. We have reached the maximum capacity for the Fresh Start conference and can no longer accept new participants.
Please visit the Academic Success Centre and the Career Centre for support in getting a fresh start at U of T, through our ongoing appointments, workshops, and programs.
If you have questions, or if you are a student that can no longer attend, or would like to be added to the wait list, please contact Rahul Bha at email@example.com.
Fresh Start: Resilience & Success Workshop
In this short two-hour workshop, reflect on your strengths and create a plan for a fresh start. Learn about core study strategies: time management, active studying, and reading and note taking.
2017 dates and locations:
You can attend a 1-1 appointment with a learning strategist to cover the same material. Please contact Rahul Bhat at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 (3 p.m. - 5 p.m.) Room 313, Koffler Student Services Centre
To Register for the Resilience & Success Workshop
- Registration through the Career Learning Network (CLN) for the Fresh Start workshops will open three weeks before each offering.
Please contact Rahul Bhat at email@example.com with any questions or for more information.