Discover the essential practices to optimize your learning. The Learning How to Learn at U of T workshop series introduces evidence-based practices to help you meet new expectations and improve your studying at U of T.
- Discover the science of learning to actively engage in your course work.
- Explore proven practices to build healthy habits and manage your time and energy.
- Learn practical strategies to improve your studying, reading, and note-taking.
- Understand how to manage procrastination and build self-confidence.
Take charge of your learning by selecting the sessions that align with your interests and needs. Sessions are run virtually throughout the semester.
Explore our other programs and workshop series:
- Learning Labs
- Learning Well in First Year
- Learning Well in Second Year
- Learning Well for Grads
- Academic Workshops for Grad Students
Check out all upcoming sessions on the Academic Success events calendar or go to PROGRAM REGISTRATION below to sign up for individual sessions.
If you are looking for a customized workshop for a course or co-curricular program, please visit our Workshops by request page for more details.
All undergraduate, graduate and second-entry professional students
Check out all upcoming sessions on the Academic Success events calendar or register on CLNx at the links below:
The Science and Practice of Learning
- Monday, September 11 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 3 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 11 at 2 – 3 p.m.
Time and Energy Management – Find a Rhythm and Build a Routine
- Tuesday, September 12 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 18 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 20 at 2 – 3 p.m.
Critical and Strategic Reading
Effective Notetaking in Classes
Organizing Yourself, Prioritization, and Goal Setting
Motivation and Procrastination
Preparing for Tests and Midterms
Finding Focus in a Distracting World
Getting Ready for Reading Week
Stress, Burnout, and Rest
Encountering Failure and Difficulty
Preparing for Exams – Multiple Choice Questions
- Wednesday, November 22 at 2 – 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 4 at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Preparing for Exams – Short-Answer and Essays
Preparing for Exams – Problem-Based Assessments