Learning Well in Second Year is a 4-week learning program to help you get back on track in your second year.
This program will help you:
- Create space in your busy schedule to pause for reflection, growth, and support.
- Connect with other second-year students looking to build their academic resilience.
- Discover and practice strategies to learn well, do well and be well.
Additional opportunities include Learning Well in First Year and the Learning How to Learn workshops, and Learning Well for Grads.
Second-year undergraduate students (or students who have attended U of T for at least one year)
How The Program Works
You will attend weekly sessions led by learning strategists, where you will be invited to:
- Reflect on and share your academic challenges and successes.
- Connect with a warm community of students for structure and accountability.
- Apply new learning strategies, productivity habits and well-being practices.
- Access personalized support so you can implement your academic action plan for success.
Winter 2023 schedule
- Friday, January 27 from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 3 from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 10 from 1– 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 17 from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
To join Learning Well in Second Year, log in to CLNx and sign up for the first session on Friday, January 27 at 1 p.m. on the Academic Success Calendar.
We are also hosting an optional Open House for Learning Well in Second Year on Friday, January 20 at 1 p.m. where you can get a taste for the program, ask any questions and meet the facilitators.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing two program surveys. Please complete them to help us understand your academic and well-being goals and needs.
- If you’d like to set up a meeting with one of the program facilitators before the program begins, you can email Rahul Bhat at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
- Check out a short video overview of the program.