Learning Well in Second Year is a 6-week learning program to help you get back on track in your second year.
- take control of your learning after experiencing setbacks or difficulties
- connect with other second-year students building their academic skills
- harness your strengths and find your purpose to succeed
- discover and practice strategies to learn well, do well and be well
Learning Well in Second Year is part of the Academic Resilience Initiatives at Academic Success on the University of Toronto St. George campus. We support academic resilience by developing group programs that foster community and belonging through learning strategies, productivity habits and well-being supports.
Program EligibilitySecond-year undergraduate students (you have completed 4.0 credits)
How The Program Works
After you register, you will meet virtually with a learning strategist to chat about your goals and the format of the program.
Attend the Learning Well in Second-Year Open House on Jan. 22 at 1 p.m. for more information.
Attend weekly sessions led by two learning strategists to:
- get personalized support for implementing an academic action plan for success
- explore new learning strategies, productivity habits and well-being practices for you to apply during your studies
- find opportunities to share your successes and find structure and accountability
Winter 2021 schedule:
- Friday, January 29, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 5, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 12, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Optional session: Friday, February 19 (Reading Week), 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 26, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 5, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 12, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Learning Well in Second Year has reached capacity for winter 2021. Registration and the waitlist are now closed.
After you indicate your interest, you will meet virtually with a learning strategist to discuss your goals and the format of the program.