Connect with a learning strategist for just-in-time, individualized support.
- Learn to manage time and stress
- Develop new strategies for active studying, reading and note-taking, and exam preparation
- Improve your project management and presentation skills
- Learn about the University’s academic structures and services
All undergraduate and graduate students
Connect with a learning strategist centrally at the 214 College Street location and across the St. George campus at various colleges and faculties. A list of locations is below.
Workshops are held throughout the week at various locations and cover learning strategies in depth. We cover topics such as memory and concentration, preparing for assignments, tests and exams, reading and notetaking, procrastination and motivation, and many more!
Small Group Themed Discussions
Meet in a small group to get individualized responses to your learning questions!
These small groups (2-10 students) are focused around a theme, such as reading and note taking or time management. Sessions are facilitated at least once per day by a learning strategist and the strategies are focused on the questions shared by the group.
Drop in appointments are held at various times per week, these are short responsive one-on-one appointments available to respond to your specific questions OR to follow up after trying some of the strategies from the small group themed discussions.
One on One Appointments
These are reserved on a case by case basis for complex academic concerns. We recommend you start by joining our Small Group Themed Discussions to refine your question and learn the basics before a one on one so we can make the most use of our time with you.
Appointments at other locations
Contact the faculty/college registrar or program coordinator to book a learning strategist appointment at each location:
- Academic Bridging Program. For more information email Alyssia Bueno at email@example.com.
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- Faculty of Arts & Science — Sidney Smith Commons
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine – Office of Health Professions Student Affairs
- First Nations House
- Innis College
- New College
- St. Michael’s College
- Rotman Commerce
- Transitional Year Programme
- Trinity College
- University College
- Victoria College
- Woodsworth College
- Learning support for Varsity athletes
Booking & Documentation
By phone: 416-978-7970
- September-June hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- July-August hours: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
In-person: Visit us at the Student Success Centre at 214 College Street, Room 150.
Online chat: Use our online chat tool during available hours.
Request a workshop for a group of 20 or more students through our workshop request form.