Connect with a learning strategist for individualized support.
- Develop new strategies for active studying and exam preparation.
- Learn to manage time and stress.
- Improve your project management and presentation skills.
You can also meet with an Academic Success peer mentor to get support with reading effectively, note-taking, motivation and procrastination, setting and achieving goals, preparing a study schedule, and navigating the University’s structures and services.
Connect with a learning strategist across the St. George campus at various colleges and faculties, and centrally at Academic Success.
Contact your faculty/college registrar or program coordinator to book a learning strategist appointment at each location:
- Academic Bridging Program: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Alyssia Bueno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering: Book an appointment with Shahad Abdulnour, Engineering Learning Strategist, through the Advising Portal (located in the Engineering Portal) or through your academic advisor.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine – Office of Health Professions Student Affairs
- First Nations House: To book an appointment with our Indigenous Learning Strategist, please email email@example.com.
- Innis College
- Learning support for Varsity athletes
- New College
- St. Michael’s College
- Transitional Year Programme: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Alyssia Bueno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity College: Visit the Trin Life module in Quercus. Go to the Academic Resource Centre section, then the Learning Strategist (Academic Success): Learning, Excellence, and Leadership at Trin page.
- University College
- Victoria College
- Woodsworth College: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Alyssia Bueno at email@example.com.
Connect with Academic Success:
- Book an appointment with our Academic Success peer mentors.
- Attend a small group session. These small groups of 2-10 students are facilitated at least once per day by a learning strategist. The strategies are focused on the questions shared by the group. See upcoming sessions on the events calendar and register through CLNx.
- Book a one-on-one learning strategist appointment. See booking instructions under Booking & Documentation.
Booking & Documentation
To book an appointment for a phone or video call with a learning strategist through the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx):
- Login to the CLNx with your UTORid and password.
- Go to “Appointments” on the left. (If you are a student who works at U of T, make sure you are logged in to your student account.)
- Click “St. George Overview”, then “Academic Success”.
- Click “Book now”.
If you are unable to book an appointment online via CLNx, please call 416-978-7970, email
firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online chat tool (available Monday – Friday 9:30 – 12 p.m., 2 – 4 p.m.) to request a remote phone appointment and learn more about our services.
In your email, please include your name, student number, phone number, location, level and program of study, and the reason for your appointment.