Connect with a learning strategist for individualized support.
- Develop new strategies for active studying and exam preparation.
- Learn to manage time and stress.
- Improve your project management and presentation skills.
You can also meet with an Academic Success peer mentor to get support with reading effectively, note-taking, motivation and procrastination, setting and achieving goals, preparing a study schedule, and navigating the University’s structures and services.
Connect with a learning strategist across the St. George campus at various colleges and faculties, and centrally at Academic Success.
Contact your faculty/college registrar or program coordinator to book a learning strategist appointment at each location:
- Academic Bridging Program: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Jacquelyn Laurenda at email@example.com.
- Faculty of Arts & Science: Visit a learning strategist at the Student Success Commons on Wednesday afternoons for drop-in appointments.
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering: Book an appointment with Mehnaz Tabassum, Engineering Learning Strategist, through the Advising Portal (located in the Engineering Portal) or through your academic advisor.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine – Office of Health Professions Student Affairs
- First Nations House: To book an appointment with an Indigenous Learning Strategist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit CLNx and select ” Indigenous Learning Strategist” appointment type when booking.
- Graduate students: All graduate students can access appointments via CLNx or contact Ellyn Kerr at email@example.com.
- Graduate students in the Department of Molecular Genetics: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a learning strategist appointment.
- Innis College
- Learning support for Varsity athletes
- New College
- Rotman Commerce: Book an appointment with Thomas Blampied, Academic Advisor, Learning Strategies, for academic skills coaching. To book, search for “Academic Skills Coaching” on rcportal.ca.
- St. Michael’s College
- Transitional Year Programme: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Jacquelyn Laurenda at email@example.com.
- Trinity College
- University College
- Victoria College
- Woodsworth College: For more information or to book an appointment at this location, please email Jacquelyn Laurenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Academic Success:
- Book an appointment with our Academic Success peer mentors.
- Book a one-on-one learning strategist appointment. See booking instructions under Booking & Documentation.
Booking & Documentation
To book an appointment for a phone or video call with a learning strategist through the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx):
- Login to the CLNx with your UTORid and password.
- Go to “Appointments” on the left. (If you are a student who works at U of T, make sure you are logged in to your student account.)
- Click “St. George Overview”, then “Academic Success”.
- Click “Book now”.
If you are unable to book an appointment online via CLNx, please call 416-978-7970, email
email@example.com, or use our online chat tool (available Monday – Friday 9:30 – 12 p.m., 2 – 4 p.m.) to request a remote phone appointment and learn more about our services.
In your email, please include your name, student number, phone number, location, level and program of study, and the reason for your appointment.