Resisting oppression and reclaiming spirituality
ROARS is a student-led peer support group that provides a safe(r) space for self-identified women, trans, two-spirited, and gender non-binary/non-conforming people to discuss, critically analyze, and take action on issues of sexism, misogyny, racism, transphobia, homophobia, biphobia, xenophobia, ageism, ableism, classism, White supremacy, colonialism, and settler colonialism, in relation to our lived experiences within religious institutions and spiritual journeys. This is a space to examine the impact of oppressive -isms and reclaim your own spirituality.
ROARS is a collaborative initiative between the Multi-Faith Centre for Spiritual Study & Practice and the Centre for Women & Trans People at the University of Toronto.
- Sex Ed and Spirituality (Wednesday, January 23, 6 - 8 p.m.)
- Breaking the Rules? Love and Faith (Wednesday, February 13, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
- Black is my Religion (Wednesday, February 28, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
- Take Back Trans (Wednesday, March 6, 6 - 8 p.m.)
- Is there Space for Me? (Wednesday, March 20, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
If you have any accessibility or child care needs, or any other questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.