The Multi-Faith Centre is committed to challenging anti-Semitism and Islamophobia and building inclusive spaces for all students. In collaboration with partners and student groups, we host annual workshops and events where students can further their understanding of anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and how to address and challenge hate.
All U of T students
How The Program Works
Winter 2023 schedule
A Shape-shifting Hatred: Understanding and Addressing Antisemitism
March 14, 2023, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Facilitated by: Shari Golberg, Ph.D., Consultant
The following workshop will deepen participants’ understanding of antisemitism, demonstrate the connections between historical and contemporary manifestations of antisemitism, and provide participants with tools to identify and address antisemitic discourses in order to promote more inclusive learning and work environments.
- Understand the connection between historical and contemporary manifestations of antisemitism;
- Identify some common antisemitic trope and discourses; and
- Share strategies and resources to help antisemitism in postsecondary environments.
More Than One Experience: Encountering Islamophobia
March 16, 2023, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Facilitated by: Gilary Massa, Lead Consultant, Human Rights, Anti-oppression and Equity Educator and Strategist, Inclusive Leaders
The following workshop will deepen our learning about the various manifestations of Islamophobia, as it intersects across ethnicity, sexuality, gender, race, etc.
- Deeper awareness of different manifestations of Islamophobia, including ways it surfaces in discourses in academic and co-curricular spheres.
- New insights on how to address Islamophobic misrepresentations and generalizations in learning and working spaces.
- Tips and strategies to facilitate and create open spaces to honour unique lived experiences.
- Share strategies to address and combat Islamophobia in higher education.
Register for A Shape-shifting Hatred: Understanding and Addressing Antisemitism on March 14, 2023 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Register for More Than One Experience: Encountering Islamophobia on March 16, 2023 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.