CCP Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee advises the Centre for Community Partnerships and advocates for community-engaged learning at the University of Toronto.
The CCP Faculty Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Two co-chairs
- The Director of the Centre for Community Partnerships, the Senior Director, Student Experience and the Vice-Provost of Innovations in Undergraduate Education
- 10-12 members with experience teaching using a community-engaged learning approach and publishing scholarship on community-engaged teaching and learning
Diverse representation (campuses, faculties, colleges, departments, rank, teaching and research streams, seniority at U of T, experience in CEL teaching and learning and community engagement) is of utmost importance.
The committee meets two times per year (early Fall term, early Spring term).
Chairs serve a three-year term and members serve a two-year term.
The 2017-2018 meetings are scheduled for the following times:
- October 27, 2017, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- January 26, 2018, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Provide feedback to CCP staff regarding faculty support, programming and the direction of the faculty development portfolio.
- Provide feedback to the CCP about their experiences teaching community-engaged learning courses, including benefits, barriers and other related issues.
- Identify and develop strategies for institutionalizing community-engaged learning more fully at the University of Toronto (e.g. Building the profile of community-engaged learning, attracting new faculty and units (departments, colleges, faculties) to the approach, integrating community-engaged learning into institutional priorities at various levels of the University of Toronto and identifying, advocating and promoting various rewards and incentives for faculty members using this engaged approach.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the profile of the CCP (key messages, methods of promoting the CCP to faculty and academic administrators).
Ahmed Allahwala, Co-chair
Jennifer Esmail, Co-chair
Isabelle Kim, Ex-officio
David Newman, Ex-officio
Susan McCahan, Ex-officio