CCP Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee will play an advisory role for the Centre for Community Partnerships and an advocacy role for community-engaged learning at the University of Toronto.
The CCP Faculty Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Two co-chairs
- The Director of the Centre for Community Partnerships
- 10-12 members with experience teaching using a community-engaged learning approach and publishing scholarship on community-engaged teaching and learning
Diverse representation (campuses, faculties, colleges, departments, rank, teaching and research streams, seniority at U of T, experience in CEL teaching and learning and community engagement is of utmost importance).
The committee will meet two times per year (early Fall term, early Spring term).
Chairs will serve a three-year term and members will serve a two-year term.
The 2016-2017 meetings are scheduled for the following times:
- September 30, 2016, 1-3 p.m.
- January 13, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Provide feedback to CCP staff regarding faculty support, programming and the direction of the faculty development portfolio.
- Provide feedback to the CCP about their experiences teaching community-engaged learning courses, including benefits, barriers and other related issues.
- Identify and develop strategies for institutionalizing community-engaged learning more fully at the University of Toronto (e.g. Building the profile of community-engaged learning, attracting new faculty and units (departments, colleges, faculties) to the approach, integrating community-engaged learning into institutional priorities at various levels of the University of Toronto and identifying, advocating and promoting various rewards and incentives for faculty members using this engaged approach.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the profile of the CCP (key messages, methods of promoting the CCP to faculty and academic administrators).
- Ahmed Allahwalla, Associate Professor, Associate Chair, City Studies, UTSC
- Susannah Bunce, Assistant Professor, Human Geography, UTSC
- Shauna Brail, Associate Professor, Geography and Planning; Special Advisor to the President on Urban Engagement
- Tone Careless, Adjunct Professor, Political Science
- Sol Goldberg, Lecturer, Department for the Study of Religion, UTSG
- Co-chair: Reid Locklin, Associate Professor, St. Michael’s College and the Department for the Study of Religion, UTSG
- Linzi Manicom, Coordinator of Community-Engaged Learning, New College
- David Montemurro, Associate Professor, Curriculum Teaching and Learning, OISE
- David Newman, Interim Director of CCP, Senior Director of Student Life
- Carol Rolheiser, Director of Centre for Teaching Support and Innovation; Professor, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, OISE
- Suzanne Stevenson, Vice-Dean Teaching and Learning, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Co-chair: Abigail Friendly, Coordinator of Academic Initiatives, Centre for Community Partnerships
- Franco Taverna, Senior Lecturer, Human Biology, New College
- Anne Urbancic, Professor, Academic Programs Coordinator at Victoria College
How to apply
Currently the committee has full membership, but we will be seeking new members for the 2017-2018 academic year.
For questions or further information, please contact Eloise Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org