Mental health care
Book an appointment with a clinician to learn about your care options. Our clinicians will guide you to the appropriate care for you based on your unique needs. Health & Wellness offers a variety of short-term mental health services including:
- Skills based wellness workshops such as Better Coping Skills for undergraduate students and Better Coping Skills by SGS for graduate students.
- Psychiatric care
- Short-term counselling or psychotherapy for adjustment and transition issues, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, relationship/family issues, body image and eating issues, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
- Same-day single-session counselling: Counsellors are available for same-day, single-session counselling for help with issues like roommate conflict, exam stress, relationship problems, sadness or nervousness and more. Appointments are limited and will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Call or drop by the Health & Wellness Centre. Counsellors will meet with students on the 2nd floor of the Health & Wellness Centre, Suite #232, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Evidence-based group therapy: We offer evidence-based skills-building group therapies for anxiety and low or depressed mood. Consult with one of our health professionals who can assess your needs and recommend appropriate therapy for you.
- Pharmacotherapy: Medication can be an effective treatment for some mental health issues. Consult with one of our physicians to learn about your options.
- On-location counselling: Counsellors are available at designated locations as a student service. Each location or site provides brief counselling for those students registered in that particular faculty, department, college or residence.
Starting September 2019, on location counselling is offered at the following colleges/departments/programs/residences:
- Architecture, Landscape & Design (Daniels)
- Chestnut Residence
- First Nations House
- Graduate & Life Sciences Education
- Hart House
- Innis College
- iSchool (Faculty of Information)
- Kinesiology & Physical Education (KPE)
- Munk School of Global Affairs
- New College
- Rotman Commerce
- Rotman MBA
- School of Graduate Studies (SGS)
- Trinity College
- TYP (Transitional Year Program)
- Undergraduate programs (Arts & Science)
- University College
- Varsity Athletics
- Victoria College
- Woodsworth College
- Full-time and part-time University of Toronto undergraduate and graduate students who have paid the appropriate incidental fees.
- Toronto School of Theology undergradate students at Emmanuel College in the conjoint full-time basic degree program
- Students in the School of Continuing Studies English Language Program (identified by a student card).
Booking & Documentation
Check the Health & Wellness hours of operation.
Call, visit in person or book an appointment online for a Mental Health Assessment / Screen with Health & Wellness.
After you book your appointment, print and complete the Client Record Form before your first Mental Health Assessment / Screen. Bring the completed form with you when you come to your appointment.
Privacy & Policies