Birth control counselling
The physicians and nurses at the Health & Wellness Centre can provide counselling and information on the various forms of birth control, and can help you choose the method that is right for you.
Emergency contraception can prevent a pregnancy when used soon after a single act of unprotected intercourse, or following failure of a birth control device, for example, the condom breaks. Emergency Contraceptive Pills (ECP), previously known as the Morning After Pill (MAP), can be taken up to 72 hours following intercourse (the sooner the better). Copper IUDs are the most effective method of emergency contraception and can be used up to 7 days following intercourse.
Find more information at whatsnextforme.ca.
Pregnancy is a major life event, and it can be especially challenging to manage while you are pursuing academic goals. Our physicians can provide care for students who think they may be pregnant, as well as information and resources for those who are. The Family Care Office can also help with family matters.
STI education and care
We offer care and education concerning STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
Same day IUD insertions (Wednesday afternoons)
Health & Wellness is a member of RAICE, which stands for Rapid Access Intrauterine Contraception (IUC) Centres of Excellence. Our clinic offers:
- An expert intrauterine contraception insertion team
- Shortened wait times
- Accepted self-referrals
- A training centre for staff
- A commitment to quality of care
- Full-time and part-time University of Toronto undergraduate and graduate students who have paid the appropriate incidental fees.
- Toronto School of Theology undergraduate students at Emmanuel College in the conjoint full-time basic degree program.
- Students in the School of Continuing Studies English Language Program (identified by a student card).
Read the full Health & Wellness Eligibility policy.
Birth control may be purchased at the Accounts Office at the Health & Wellness Centre, Second Floor.
Debit or credit cards are accepted. We do not accept cash.
- Alesse: $15 / pkg
- Cyclen: $25 / pkg
- Diane 35: $27 / pkg
- Lolo: $15 / pkg
- Marvelon 21: $15 / pkg
- TriCyclen: $15 / pkg
- TriCyclen Lo: $15 / pkg
- Yasmin: $18 / pkg
- Yaz: $20 / pkg
- Plan B (must see doctor first) | $20
Other contraception products
- Depo-Provera: $25 / dose
- Evra Contraceptive Patch: $15 / pkg
- Jaydess: $300
- Kyleena: $375
- Mirena: $375
- Nexplanon: $315
- Mona Lisa: $65
- NuvaRing: $15 / month
All fees and prices are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, errors may occur.
Booking & Documentation
IUD insertion appointment
Book an appointment for your IUD insertion. Before your appointment, complete the following:
1. Watch the short video: Talking Birth Control: Q&A with Dr. Green #MeetThe IUC.
2. Complete the IUD Insertion Patient History Form.
Note: You must complete the Patient History Form and bring it with you to your appointment. If you do not, your appointment may be cancelled or rescheduled.
On the day of your IUD insertion appointment:
1. Please arrive 45 minutes before the time of your scheduled appointment i.e. time of appointment on the appointment reminder. You will be meeting with a nurse for half an hour before seeing the doctor. This will allow you time to check in for your appointment when you arrive.
2. If you are unable to complete the form prior to the appointment, please arrive one hour (60 minutes) before your appointment. This will allow you sufficient time to complete the form before seeing a nurse and the doctor.
Privacy & Policies