CCP Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee advises the Centre for Community Partnerships and advocates for community-engaged learning at the University of Toronto.
The CCP Faculty Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Two co-chairs
- The Director of the Centre for Community Partnerships, the Senior Director, Student Experience and the Vice-Provost of Innovations in Undergraduate Education
- 10-12 members with experience teaching using a community-engaged learning approach and publishing scholarship on community-engaged teaching and learning
Diverse representation (campuses, faculties, colleges, departments, rank, teaching and research streams, seniority at U of T, experience in CEL teaching and learning and community engagement) is of utmost importance.
The committee meets two times per year (early Fall term, early Spring term).
Chairs serve a three-year term and members serve a two-year term.
The 2019-2020 meetings are TBD.
- Provide feedback to CCP staff regarding faculty support, programming and the direction of the faculty development portfolio.
- Provide feedback to the CCP about their experiences teaching community-engaged learning courses, including benefits, barriers and other related issues.
- Identify and develop strategies for institutionalizing community-engaged learning more fully at the University of Toronto (e.g. Building the profile of community-engaged learning, attracting new faculty and units (departments, colleges, faculties) to the approach, integrating community-engaged learning into institutional priorities at various levels of the University of Toronto and identifying, advocating and promoting various rewards and incentives for faculty members using this engaged approach.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the profile of the CCP (key messages, methods of promoting the CCP to faculty and academic administrators).
- Ahmed Allahwala, Co-chair
- David Roberts, Co-chair
- Heather Kelly, Ex-officio
- Susan McCahan, Ex-officio
- Amelia Merrick, Ex-officio
- Michelle Arnot
- Alan Chong
- Kathleen Gallagher
- Pam Gravestock
- Jon Johnson
- Fok-Han Leung
- David Montemurro
- John Robinson
- Carol Rolheiser
- Suzanne Sicchia
- Joan Simalchik
- Olivier St-Cyr
- Bettina von Lieres