In partnership with Accessibility Services and led by the Career Educator, Accessibility, Steven Lappano – we offer meaningful career supports for students who identify as having a disability to explore what you can do with your degree, discover job opportunities in a variety of fields and industries, and consider further education options and plans.
Connect one-on-one with the Career Educator, Accessibility to:
- Learn about career programs, services, resources, and work opportunities.
- Review your job or further education application documents (e.g. personal statement, CV or résumé for further education application).
- Develop strategies and make a plan for how/when/if to disclose a disability to employers and when applying to further education.
- Learn about seeking accommodations with employers.
- Practice strategies to respond to different interview types and questions.
- Develop a strategy for making decisions about your career and navigating your options.
- Develop a strategy for applying to further education and explore how to make a decision.
- Discuss and develop your job search plan.
- Career Edge – A local nonprofit for training, job boards and specific programming for people with disabilities.
- Join Network (Ontario Job Opportunity Information Network) – JOIN specializes in recruiting individuals with disabilities; and providing strategies and supports for employers for full inclusion and expertise on disability in the workplace.
- Lime Connect – A global nonprofit which provides information on scholarship and internship opportunities for people with disabilities
- UTM Career Centre: Resources for Students with Disabilities
Booking & Documentation
To book an appointment, log into Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx), visit the Career Exploration & Education Appointment Calendar.
Watch Using the CLNx: Booking an appointment on YouTube for help.