Note-taking is one of the most common academic accommodations given to students registered with Accessibility Services. Volunteer note-taking is not meant to replace students attending class, instead it acts as a complementary service. Notes are used by students registered with our services whose disability affects their ability to take notes.
Volunteer note-taking is a CCR eligible activity if you upload 80% of notes for one or more courses.
All undergraduate and graduate students registered with Accessibility Services
How The Program Works
Become a volunteer note-taker in four steps
- Register as a volunteer note-taker on the Note-taking Portal.
- Attend your class regularly and take effective notes. If you drop the class, please inform us immediately.
- After each class, upload your notes to the Note-taking Portal.
- When the term is over, contact us to request a Certificate of Completion.
Manage your CCR
The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is validated once a year on June 15.
It is the volunteer note-taker’s responsibility to initiate this process. Login to the CCR, go to the “Opportunity Directory” or “Manage Co-Curricular Record” tab and select “Add Position to My Record.”
CCR activity cannot be backdated, so it is important to know your deadlines.
The accommodations administrator has the right to revoke CCR activity for the following reasons:
- The notes uploaded were poor quality.
- The notes were not consistently uploaded.
- The administrator suspects the notes were plagiarized.
- The notes have not been uploaded within the 24-48 hour time period.
Request your Certificate of Recognition
To request your Certificate of Recognition, please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Full name
- Student number and UTORid
- The course(s) that you volunteered for
- The academic year of the course(s) (e.g., Fall 2018, 2018-2019 academic term, etc.)
Note: Depending on when you submit the request, it could take up to one to two weeks to create the certificate.
Register as a volunteer note-taker on the Note-taking Portal.