All bodies and all abilities are welcome in this 8-week yoga series for students and staff from the 2SLGBTQ+ community. There is no pressure to perform yoga here. Instead we will move with intention, thoughtfully leading from your inner experience of the body and the breath. Our aim is to create a warm, welcoming, joyful community of practice for all where personal growth and healing are possible.
Good things to know about this class:
- Absolute beginners are very welcome. Our instructor Kelly was a beginner once too!
- This is not a competitive yoga environment. Everyone should feel free to do as much or as little of the physical components of class as they feel comfortable doing. Options will be offered through the class so that you can find the right balance between physical challenge and ease for yourself.
- Listen to your body, it is your best guide on your yoga journey.
- No special clothing is required. Just something you can move and bend in comfortably.
- Yoga mats (or chairs if preferred) are available for in-person activities. We usually practice barefoot to reduce the risk of slipping.
- Your instructor is happy to chat after class if you have questions about the practice.
After participating in several sessions, you will:
- Be able to link several yoga postures and the breath together on their own harmoniously.
- Value their own feelings and emotions and be able to hold these experiences in a self-compassionate way.
- Know how to repeat mindful breathing and meditation techniques on their own.
U of T students and staff from the 2SLGBTQ+ community
How The Program Works
Sessions will be held on Thursdays from 7 – 8 p.m. starting October 13.
Location: Koffler House, 569 Spadina Ave. Multi-Purpose Room (2nd floor).
Please register in the Program Registration tab below.
Kelly Sullivan, BFA, M.Ed, RYT-500, C-RYT-95
Role on Team: Yoga Instructor
Kelly draws from her experience in dance, meditation, and yoga to create movement classes that incorporate inquiry, play, self-compassion, and rest. These sessions will explore what it feels like to be present with our bodies, minds, and hearts as we move through yoga asana, creative movement explorations, and opportunities to embrace stillness. Kelly aims to support participants in using yoga and meditation to embrace slowing down, to develop tools to reduce stress, and to support their unique inner journey and growth both on and off the mat.Learn more about Kelly
Registration opens September 15. Please register for each week you plan to attend.
Note: Space is limited, please cancel your registration if you can no longer attend.
What Students Are SayingNo Ratings Yet
Kelly was wonderful and kind. She also has a relaxing voice that helped with immersion into the yoga session.
2SLGBTQ+ Yoga Particpant
Awesome facilitator and really important to have a 2SLGBTQ+ specific space!
2SLGBTQ+ Yoga Participant