Your academic accommodations expires every year on May 1. In order to have your accommodations ready for the next academic session, you need to renew your registration with Accessibility Services. Before you renew your registration, you may have questions:
Why would I need to meet with my accessibility advisor again and provide updated documentation?
- Your health has changed over the past year and new treatments have been prescribed. The impact of new treatments may require a change in your accommodations.
- Your documentation expired on or before May 1.
- Your accessibility advisor asked you to provide updated documentation to continue your accommodations and you have not yet provided it to the office.
- We need to confirm that you are currently affected by the functional limitations listed in the documentation.
- You reported over the past year that a new disability has emerged and we do not have documentation on file to support academic accommodations related to the new disability.
Why do I need to meet with my accessibility advisor even if I don’t need to provide updated documentation?
- To check in about how things went for you over the academic year.
- To review your current academic accommodations and make any necessary changes for the coming year.
- If you are in the process of being assessed for a disability but do not yet have results, to discuss what accommodations may be available until your assessment is complete.
Annual academic accommodation renewalYour academic accommodations expire every year on May 1. Learn more about Annual academic accommodation renewal
Letter of AccommodationYour Letter of Accommodation informs your professor or course instructor(s) about your accommodation needs in the classroom so that they can better meet your needs. Learn more about Letter of Accommodation
Accessibility advisor supportYou and your accessibility advisor will work together to develop your academic accommodations. Learn more about Accessibility advisor support