Accessibility Services is offering a range of services both in-person and remotely. For remote appointments, services can be provided over telephone and video conferencing technology. Although you will not be in the same room as your accessibility advisor, you will receive the same level of care as you would in an in-person session.
Accessibility Services schedules a high volume of intake and returning student appointments on a daily basis. To ensure that you are able to meet with your accessibility advisor in a timely manner, we strongly encourage students to accept appointments as they are offered. It is important to note that we may not always be able to meet your course schedule when scheduling an appointment.
Review our policy for in-person and remote appointments and cancellation:
- Student appointments are triaged for urgency and screened to determine what, if anything, can be suitably arranged prior to an intake appointment.
- Your scheduled appointment time is reserved just for you. Our advisors make every effort to be on time for scheduled appointments. In return, we ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments and by notifying us in advance when you are no longer able to attend. When you give us advance notice, we are able to accommodate other students.
- For cancellations: Students are required to provide 1 business day of notice (24 hours) for appointment cancellations, so that we can provide the space to another student. This applies to both new intake and returning student appointments. For appointments on Monday, we will require notice no later than 8:30 a.m. that morning. Notice should be provided by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If students provide appropriate notice of cancellation, we will make every effort to arrange a new appointment as early as we are able to.
- If no notice is provided (no-show), students will not be contacted for a new appointment. Students must contact the front desk team to reschedule their missed appointment. During busy periods of the year, this could potentially result in a wait time of several weeks.
- For in-person appointments:
- Students are expected to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of their appointment and check-in at the reception desk.
- Staff and students are expected to screen and monitor daily for any symptoms and remain home if sick or experiencing symptoms. While health screening through UCheck is unavailable, individuals can monitor their health using the Provincial health screening tool. Completing a health screening before coming to campus is highly recommended, and we continue to ask members of our community to remain at home if they are ill. Please contact the front desk team at 416-978-8060 to let us know if you must shift your appointment from in-person to virtual.
- For remote appointments:
- Students are expected to login to MS Teams or be available on their phone at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
- We expect that you are fully engaged and able to participate in your appointment. For this reason, we ask that you not engage in other activities during the meeting.
If more than 15 minutes have passed since the start of your scheduled appointment, the appointment will likely need to be rescheduled. Connect with the front desk at 416-978-8060 to request a new in-person, MS Teams or phone appointment. This is to ensure that other students do not wait longer than necessary to speak with their advisor.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Accessibility Services at email@example.com or 416-978-8060.