Accessibility Services is offering a range of services both in-person and remotely.
For remote appointments, services can be provided over telephone and video conferencing technology. Although you will not be in the same room as your accessibility advisor, you will receive the same level of care as you would in an in-person session.
Review our policy for in-person and remote appointments and cancellation:
- Your scheduled appointment time is reserved just for you. Our advisors make every effort to be on time for scheduled appointments. In return, we ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments and by notifying us in advance when you are no longer able to attend. When you give us advance notice, we are able to accommodate other students.
- Student appointments are triaged for urgency and screened to determine what, if anything, can be suitably arranged prior to an intake appointment.
- Students are required to provide 1 business day of notice (24 hours) for appointment cancellations (returning students and new intake registrations) so that we can provide the space to another student. For appointments on Monday, we will require notice no later than 8:30 a.m. that morning. Notice should be provided by email at email@example.com.
- If students provide appropriate notice of cancellation, we will make every effort to arrange a new appointment as early as we are able to. If no notice is provided, students will generally not be prioritized for a new appointment. During busy periods of the year, this could potentially result in a wait of several weeks.
- For in-person appointments: Students are encouraged to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of their appointment and check-in at the reception desk.
- For remote appointments: Students are encouraged to login to MS Teams or be available on their phone at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
If more than 15 minutes have passed since the start of your scheduled appointment, the appointment will likely need to be rescheduled. Connect with the front desk at 416-978-8060 to request a new in-person, MS Teams or phone appointment. This is to ensure that other students do not wait longer than necessary to speak with their advisor.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-8060.