Microsoft Teams appointments policy
Microsoft Teams is part of your U of T Office 365 package and offers an audio/video conferencing platform for students, staff and faculty with a valid utoronto email address.
- Accessibility Services uses ONLY the Call feature in Microsoft Teams to make audio/video calls to connect with students who prefer an MS Teams appointment over a regular phone meeting.
- Following the current meeting on MS Teams, all future appointments to meet must be booked through the Accessibility Services Front Desk by calling 416-978-8060 or via email: email@example.com
- Please note that your accessibility advisor, will NOT be available over the Chat or any other features of the application following the current meeting.
- In accordance with FIPPA guidelines related to the confidentiality of student records, students are advised NOT to send meeting invites to Accessibility Services staff directly through the Calendar option in either MS Outlook or MS Teams. Appointments requests must be made through the front desk via phone or email.
- If the connection could not be established on MS Teams, your accessibility advisor will attempt to call you on the cell phone number you have listed on file. If you are not reachable over the phone, a voice mail will be left, if we have the permission to do so.
- If more than 15 minutes have passed since the start of your scheduled appointment, the appointment will likely need to be rescheduled and you may connect with the front desk to request a new MS Teams appointment.
- At this time, we are only offering virtual appointments via phone or MS Teams audio/video conferencing. Your scheduled appointment time is reserved just for you. Our advisors make every effort to be on time for scheduled appointments. In return, we ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments and by notifying us in advance when your circumstances change and you are no longer able to attend. When you give us advanced notice we are able to accommodate other students.
- Student appointments are triaged for urgency and screened to determine what, if anything, can be suitably arranged prior to an intake appointment.
- Students are required to provide 1 day business notice (24 hours) for appointment cancellations (returning students and new intake registrations) so that we can provide the space to another student. For appointments on Monday, we will require notice no later than 8:30 a.m. that morning. Notice should be provided by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If students provide appropriate notice of cancellation, we will make every effort to arrange a new appointment as early as we are able. If no notice is provided, students will generally not be prioritized for a new appointment. During busy periods of the year, this could potentially result in a wait of several weeks.
- Students are encouraged to login to MS Teams or be available on their phone at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. If more than 15 minutes have passed since the start of your scheduled appointment, the appointment will likely need to be rescheduled and you may connect with the front desk at 416-978-8060 to request a new MS Teams or Phone appointment. This is to ensure that other students do not wait longer than necessary to speak with their advisor.