You’re on the job hunt!
Whatever kind of job you are looking for – summer, part-time, full-time, working on campus or abroad – the CLNx offers three job boards to help you with your search.
- Off-campus jobs
- On-campus jobs (all three U of T campuses)
- Work Study (only opens during the Work Study period)
Here are a few tips:
Narrow it down
Whether you are looking for full-time, part-time, summer, volunteer or academic positions, or you would like to work abroad, one of the most essential first steps is to determine the type of job you want and where you’d like to work.
This is a much better approach than sending out many resumés for positions that you’re not really interested in or qualified for.
Know what you are looking for
Research the labour market and conduct informational interviews with professionals to determine:
- Types of career-related positions to target
- Your top organizations (small, mid-size, large company or start-up)
- The growing industries
- What kind of work environment suits you
- What you want to learn and what skills you would like to develop
- What part of the world you would like to work in
- Whether you would like to start your own business
Know your rights
Before you start any job, know your rights. See Ontario’s Employment Standards Act.
The University of Toronto does not endorse or recommend employers, and employment or volunteer postings on the Career & Co-curricular Learning Network do not constitute endorsement or recommendation. The University is not responsible for the practices of employers or conditions of off-campus employment opportunities. The University makes no representations or guarantees about the employment or volunteer postings or accuracy of the information provided by the employers. Students and graduates are responsible for researching organizations and verifying the employment terms and conditions with the employer before applying to or accepting opportunities.