The University of Toronto Demystifying Academic Accommodations booklet (PDF) provides faculty and staff with information about accommodating students with disabilities. The booklet covers:
- Types of disabilities and academic accommodations
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Roles and responsibilities of the student, the accessibility advisor, faculty and staff
- Frequently asked questions
- Communication style
- Universal design and considerations for providing accessible education
- Contact information
The University of Toronto is committed to creating an inclusive teaching and learning environment aligned with provincial guidelines for academic accommodations. The University’s guidelines are outlined in our Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with Disabilities (PDF).
See also Information for Faculty and Academic Staff on Effective Accommodations for Placements and Practicums (PDF).
Faculty and staff are essential partners in the academic accommodation process. Accessibility Services works with faculty and staff to provide the academic accommodations that support a fair and inclusive learning environment for undergraduate and graduate students. The accommodations process must maintain safety for the student and others and maintain the academic standards that all students must demonstrate.