Health & Wellness offers all kinds of opportunities to support your mental health—from workshops to build general life and coping skills to specific programs to address issues like exam anxiety.
Workshops can help you meet up with students who may be feeling the same way, build your own coping skills in your own time, and find the help you need to succeed.
Why attend a workshop?
- If you want to do some work on your own time, whenever it works for you.
- When you want to try some evidence-based tools and techniques for coping or managing.
- When you aren’t necessarily in distress but want to build your skills, learn new skills or maintain the good health you already enjoy.
- If you want to build coping skills—because you feel stressed, can’t sleep, or are finding things harder than expected.
- If you aren’t sure, or don’t think, you need to see a counsellor.
- If you want to supplement other treatment you’re receiving.
- If you want to meet up with students who may be feeling the same way.
- If you want to build your own coping skills in your own time, and find the help you need to succeed.
How to find workshops
Log in to CLNx and visit the St. George campus Health & Wellness calendar to register for workshops, or connect via the links below. This is a brief list—there are always new offerings available.
Wellness for mental health
- Breathe Well
- Sleep Well
- Building Positive Mental Health
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Better Coping Skills
- Pathways to Wellness
- Trauma 101
- Connections Coaching Workshop Series
- Hacking Perfectionism
- Managing Test & Exam Anxiety
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Overcoming Your Inner Critic
Other workshop sources
You could also check out:
Your own college or faculty may offer workshops. Check with your faculty or college student life/registrar’s offices for other workshops offerings.
5 Ways to Wellbeing
5 Ways to Wellbeing (5W2W) teaches participants how to apply five simple, evidence-based actions to promote positive mental health.Learn more about 5 Ways to Wellbeing
Better Coping Skills
Recognize unhelpful thoughts and create a toolkit to improve self-management.Learn more about Better Coping Skills
Breathing well is powerful. Explore techniques for pausing and recharging.Learn more about Breathe Well
Building Positive Mental Health
Explore coping strategies to maintain mental wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic.Learn more about Building Positive Mental Health
Connections Coaching Workshop Series
Feel more connected to and at ease with others.Learn more about Connections Coaching Workshop Series
Hacking Perfectionism to Boost Success
Examine your relationship with perfectionism to better reach your goals.Learn more about Hacking Perfectionism to Boost Success
Managing Exam & Test Anxiety
Keeping your cool to master exams is a journey. Your roadmap starts in this workshop with helpful strategies and expert tips for success.Learn more about Managing Exam & Test Anxiety
Mindful Eating: Food and Mood
Combine relaxation and mindfulness with practical nutritional knowledge.Learn more about Mindful Eating: Food and Mood
Mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga drop-in classes run Monday to Friday. Join our team of experienced facilitators to try this ancient practice that helps you relax, focus your attention and improve your mood.Learn more about Mindful Moments
Overcoming Impostor Syndrome
Imposter syndrome is common among post-secondary students. Learn more about imposter syndrome and how to overcome it.Learn more about Overcoming Impostor Syndrome
Overcoming your Inner Critic (Self-Compassion)
This workshop supports graduate students who notice they can be their own harshest critic. Learn about the theory and research supporting self-compassion.Learn more about Overcoming your Inner Critic (Self-Compassion)
Pathways to Wellness
Learn strategies for managing your well-being in an inclusive, supportive and uplifting space.Learn more about Pathways to Wellness
Feel more rested and improve your sleep through this clinician-led workshop.Learn more about Sleep Well