Rules and regulations
Official Rules (the “Rules”) for Contests Offered by University of Toronto Student Life Programs and Services (“UofTStudentLife” or “We” or “Our”)
Contests are open to University of Toronto students only. Contests are not open to:
- close relatives of students (e.g. siblings, cousins, parents, etc.)
- students employed by or connected with UofTStudentLife (e.g. Work/Study Students, Casual Employees or Interns)
- students connected to or participating in competition judging
University of Toronto Student Life Programs and Services, Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College Street, Room 203, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2Z9. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
Announcement of prizes
UofTStudentLife may sponsor contests on Facebook or Instagram (each a “contest” or “giveaway”). The prizes, starting and closing dates and times and the details to enter for any such contest will be announced in a status post.
No entry fees or purchase
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter UofTStudentLife competitions.
- By entering a UofTStudentLife Facebook or Instagram competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- UofTStudentLife reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by UofTStudentLife.
- UofTStudentLife is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize for UofTStudentLife is as stated in the status update, and no cash or substitutions can be made. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by UofTStudentLife and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified in the contest post, as well as by DM or message on Instagram and/or Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner.
- UofTStudentLife will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.