Travel immunizations & education
The Health & Wellness Centre is a designated Health Canada Travel Medicine Clinic, offering a complete travel immunization and education program.
- Full-time and part-time University of Toronto undergraduate and graduate students who have paid the appropriate incidental fees.
- Toronto School of Theology undergradate students at Emmanuel College in the conjoint full-time basic degree program.
- Students in the School of Continuing Studies English Language Program (identified by a student card).
Read the full Health & Wellness Eligibility Policy.
Fee for academic travel plan and program
Travel immunizations and education are no longer covered by OHIP.
If you are travelling as part of your academic program, there is a reduced fee for developing the personalized immunization schedule and travel education program, provided you bring a letter from your professor/program to verify this at the time of the visit. As Health & Wellness is a designated Travel Medicine Clinic, we are required to follow protocols, and only students with notes can be exempt from standard fees.
Fee for non-academic travel plan and program
For students who are travelling for non-academic purposes, we provide a complete travel education program for a fee. This includes developing a personalized immunization schedule and travel education program.
All fees and prices are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, errors may occur.
This program takes longer than a drop-in appointment, so travel appointments must be booked in advance.
Bring your T-Card, Ontario Health Card (OHIP), Other Canadian Provincial Health Card, or a printout of University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) to every appointment.
Booking & Documentation
Travel appointments and immunizations often require more than one visit.
Some students may receive all their immunizations in the first visit, but often there are too many vaccines to be given at one time. Some vaccines require a series of injections to be given over a defined time period, sometimes as long as six months. Please begin the travel immunization process as early as possible, so that all required immunizations can be completed before your departure date.You must bring the following documentation to your first appointment:
- Your travel itinerary and immunization record
- A completed Pre-Travel Information Sheet
- An official letter from your professor or your program (if you are travelling for academic purposes)
Privacy & Policies