Accessibility Services works with Accommodated Testing Services (ATS) to administer and coordinate quizzes, term tests and exams for students registered with Accessibility Services.
Students must be registered with Accessibility Services and approved to write quizzes, tests or exams with accommodations. You may be enrolled in any department, faculty, and level of study at the University of Toronto, St. George Campus.
As soon as you have been approved to write your quizzes, tests or exams with accommodations, register with ATS.
Registering on time for tests and exams is important for the ATS staff to administer your tests and exams properly.
You will receive important emails throughout the semester notifying you of upcoming deadlines. ATS and Accessibility Services work together to ensure that students are aware of these deadlines.
These deadlines help ensure that you are scheduled correctly, the test or exam is available when you arrive, and that you receive the appropriate accommodations as approved by your accessibility advisor.
See Procedures for Late Registrations for Tests and Exams under the Policy & Privacy section below.
Privacy & Policies
Procedures for Late Registrations for Tests and Exams
As of November 19, 2018.
We recognize that there are circumstances in which it is difficult for students to register on time. Late registrations will only be considered under the following circumstances:
- Your professor changed the date of your test or you are writing a make-up test and the new date is sooner than the 14 day registration deadline during the semester
- You recently broke a limb or have some form of strain or tear that now requires you to have accommodations to write
- You are writing a deferred exam and you could not book within the 14 day registration deadline
- There was an emergency that prevented you from registering on time: hospitalization; serious family circumstances; or some other situation that was unforeseeable and/or beyond your control to plan for in a timely way
For a late registration to be considered, your advisor must provide verification to ATS. Do not submit late requests directly to ATS. For new registrations after the exam booking deadline, test and exam accommodations will be provided in the following semester.
If you miss the registration deadline for a test/exam due to one of the circumstances outlined above, your options are:
- See your Accessibility Services advisor during their drop-in appointments or call the Accessibility Services front desk at (416) 978-8060 to make an appointment with your advisor. Otherwise your late registration will not be considered by Accommodated Testing Services. Drop-in times can be found on the Accessibility Services department page under Contacts.
- Write with the class without your accommodations.
- If it is a faculty FINAL EXAM, file a petition to defer the exam with your college registrar (Faculty of Arts and Science) or faculty registrar (all other faculties). Note that filing a petition to defer an exam does not guarantee that a deferral will be granted.
- For term tests contact your accessibility advisor and the course instructor or course coordinator to discuss your options.