The Sussex Clubhouse offers about 50 shared offices for recognized campus groups on the St. George campus. Offices are allocated annually for a one-year term.
Check out which clubs are there now!
Read more about office space in the Campus Organization Handbook (PDF).
Space allocation is determined by the Committee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS) according to the following requirements:
- Only groups recognized by the Office of Student Life through Ulife Online in the 2019-2020 year are eligible to apply for office space.
- Only groups that have accumulated five Ulead Points by the end of the ULead program (March 30, 2020) are eligible to apply for office space for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- To be eligible for office space, groups are required to earn five ULead points from the following categories:
- 1 point: Organizational Development and Membership Engagement
- 1 point: Executive Role Development
- 1 point: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- 2 points: from any category you choose
- Group points must be earned by at least two members of the group. Groups are strongly encouraged to send different executives and members to workshops that interest them or that apply to their role.
- Ulead runs until March 30, 2020. If your group is planning to attend workshops throughout March, please say that you are registered for these. You must be registered for the workshops at the time of the application deadline (March 9, 2020). Please note that workshops may be cancelled due to low registration or facilitator illness, therefore it is important to plan effectively and not leave workshops until the last minute.
Groups submitting applications not meeting this requirement will not be evaluated by the Committee.
Groups should also be aware that earning the requisite 5 Ulead points does not guarantee office space. Obtaining more than 5 points does reflect increased organizational capacity and is seen more favourably by the CASAS committee but does not guarantee office space.
Booking & Documentation
Application timeline and deadlines
Office space is allocated on an annual basis.
Groups with the required 5 Ulead points are eligible to apply starting January 13, 2020. Applications are due March 9, 2020. Results are announced in early May 2020.
2019 – 2020 Application Timeline (for occupancy July 2020 – June 2021)
Monday, January 13, 2020: Office applications open and posted online.
Monday, March 9, 2020 by 5 p.m.: Applications are due. Applications must be submitted online. No hard copies or email.
March 16 – April 2020: Committee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS) will meet 3 times. The committee comprises 7 students and 3 staff representatives. They will meet to review group applications and rank them in order of a set of objective and subjective criteria.
Early May 2020: Campus Organizations staff will notify the group contact person listed on the application about the results. If the application is successful, the office space will be allocated and the group will be expected to sign an Occupancy Agreement in July.
July 2020: Office Move-in Day and Occupancy Agreement takes effect (expires June 2021)
Club locker space
If you are part of a recognized campus group that requires storage space (but not an office) at the 21 Sussex Clubhouse, please apply for a locker.
Privacy & Policies