The Sussex Clubhouse offers about 50 shared offices for recognized student groups on the St. George campus. Offices are allocated annually for a one-year term.
Check out which clubs are there now!
Read more about office space in the Student Organization Handbook (PDF).
Space allocation is determined by the Committee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS) according to the following requirements:
- Only groups recognized by the Office of Student Life through Ulife Online in the 2020-21 year are eligible to apply for office space.
- Only groups that have accumulated five Ulead Points by the end of the ULead program (March 31, 2021) are eligible to apply for office space for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- To be eligible for office space, groups are required to earn five ULead points from the following categories:
- 1 point: Organizational Development and Membership Engagement
- 1 point: Executive Role Development
- 1 point: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- 2 points: from any category you choose
- Group points must be earned by at least two members of the group. Groups are strongly encouraged to send different executives and members to workshops that interest them or that apply to their role.
- Ulead runs until March 31, 2021. If your group is planning to attend workshops throughout March, please say that you are registered for these. You must be registered for the workshops at the time of the application deadline (March 14, 2021). Please note that workshops may be cancelled due to low registration or facilitator illness, therefore it is important to plan effectively and not leave workshops until the last minute.
Groups submitting applications not meeting this requirement will not be evaluated by the Committee.
Groups should also be aware that earning the requisite 5 Ulead points does not guarantee office space. Obtaining more than 5 points does reflect increased organizational capacity and is seen more favourably by the CASAS committee but does not guarantee office space.
Booking & Documentation
Application timeline and deadlines
Office space is allocated on an annual basis.
Groups with the required 5 Ulead points are eligible to apply starting February 12, 2021. Applications are due April 6, 2021. Results are announced in early May 2021.
2020 – 2021 application timeline (for occupancy July 2021 – June 2022)
Friday, February 12, 2021: Office applications open and posted online.
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.: Applications are due. Applications must be submitted online. No hard copies or email.
May 2021: Committee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS) will meet. The committee comprises 7 students and 3 staff representatives. They will meet to review group applications and rank them in order of a set of objective and subjective criteria.
Early June 2021: Campus Organizations staff will notify the group contact person listed on the application about the results. If the application is successful, the office space will be allocated and the group will be expected to sign an Occupancy Agreement in July.
July 2021: Office move-in day and occupancy agreement takes effect (expires June 2022), depending on public health measures and recommendations due to COVID-19.
Club locker space
If you are part of a recognized student group that requires storage space (but not an office) at the 21 Sussex Clubhouse, please apply for a locker.
Privacy & Policies
Considerations & Exceptions
What does “maintain good standing” mean for student groups?
- fulfill occupancy goals
- collect minimum 5 Ulead points (1 from ODME, ERD, EDI and 2 extra)
- attend mandatory open house, fall and winter meetings
- submit application form to indicate you want office space for 2021-22 academic year