NSSE begins on March 1, 2023.
Throughout March and April 2023, all first- and senior-year undergraduate students will be asked to participate in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). This is the eighth time U of T has participated in NSSE – a survey now used by all Ontario universities and Canadian peer universities to measure the quality of undergraduate education. The results of this survey are used to identify the strengths of a U of T education and identify priorities for change.
In addition to asking students about in-class experiences, working with classmates, interacting with faculty and budgeting time, this year’s survey will also feature a set of questions about experiences with academic advising. Each response to the NSSE survey gives us valuable insight into how we can better support our students.
For more information:
David Newman, Executive Director, Student Experience
Students who complete the survey by May 14, 2023 will be automatically entered in a random draw to win one of 19 prizes:
- one of two $300 University of Toronto Bookstore Gift cards,
- one of two $200 University of Toronto Bookstore gift cards,
- one of five $100 UberEats gift cards,
- or one of ten $50 Starbucks gift cards.
Chances of winning depend on how many students complete the survey. The last time we administered this survey about 10,088 students responded.
NSSE leads to change
Want proof? Here are some examples of projects and changes that are the result of previous NSSE surveys:
- Launch of tri-campus Experiential Learning Hub
- Institutional Vision on Undergraduate Experience
- The Student Space Enhancement Fund
- The Learning Abroad Portal
- The Co-Curricular Record
Previous NSSE reports
Reports from previous NSSE surveys can be found on the Vice-Provost, Students website.