Book a one-on-one career advising appointment with a career educator or peer advisor if you are exploring your options, looking for work or considering graduate school. We can help you put a strategy in place!
- Pre-booked appointments (45 min) are available to book up to one week in advance.
- Just-in-time (30 min) appointments are available to book at 4 p.m. on the day before the appointment is held.
Types of appointments
Career Start – Resource Referral (20 min appointment)
Want to know more about everything Career Exploration & Education has to offer? Are you super busy and don’t have the time to explore all of our resources and programming?
Meet with a peer career advisor who will help you clarify your career question(s) and highlight specific programs, services, and resources that meet your unique need(s) and career goals! Think of the peer career advisors as your personal concierge to Career Exploration & Education.
Resume & Cover Letter Review (20 min appointment)
A peer career advisor will review your resume and provide feedback about tailoring, formatting, highlighting your accomplishments, and other tips to strengthen your resume. If you are applying to graduate-level research or senior-level positions, please book an Application Review appointment.
- Related resources: Resume Workbook, Resumé and Cover Letter Toolkit (PDF), Resume & Cover Letter workshop*
Application Review (45 min pre-booked and 30 min just-in-time appointments offered)
Meet with a career educator to review your job or further education application documents (e.g. personal statement, CV or resume for further education application). To make the most of your time, bring a draft copy of your application and information about the opportunity.
- Related resources: Guide to Writing Personal Statements for Further Education (PDF), Creating Your Academic CV (PDF), Personal Statements workshop*, Admission Letters with Writing Plus workshop*, CV and Resumes for Further Education Program Applications workshop*
LinkedIn Review (20 min appointment)
A peer career advisor will review your LinkedIn profile and provide feedback about each of the main sections (Headline, About, Experience and Education), as well as how to highlight your accomplishments and tailor your profile.
- Related resources: Develop Your LinkedIn workshop*
Interview Prep (20 min appointment)
A peer career advisor will help you identify the core competencies of the role, and learn about common question types and how to craft the best answer. Note that mock interview practice is not offered through these appointments. For practice interviews, please book an Interview Practice appointment. You’re encouraged to bring a job posting to the appointment to help identify the relevant competencies .
- Related resources: Big Interview (CLNx > Resources), Interview Strategies workshop*
Interview Practice (45 min pre-booked and 30 min just-in-time appointments offered)
Have an upcoming interview? Connect with a career educator to practice strategies to respond to different interview types and questions. To make the most of your appointment, please bring information about the opportunity and types of questions you’d like to practice. (Not sure what types of questions to anticipate? Consider an Interview Prep appointment.)
- Related resources: Interview Strategies Guide (PDF), Academic Interview Guide (PDF), Interview Strategies workshop*, Big Interview (CLNx > Resources)
Career Exploration (45 min pre-booked and 30 min just-in-time appointments offered)
Looking to make a decision about your career options? Connect with a career educator to develop a strategy for making decisions about your career and navigating your options.
- Related resources: Career Exploration Orientation to access the Job Shadowing program, Exploring Meaningful Work workshop*, Navigating Career Uncertainty workshop*, Finding Purpose: Career Statements workshop*, Envisioning the Future: Career Collages workshop*
Further Education (45 min pre-booked and 30 min just-in-time appointments offered)
Explored multiple further education programs (e.g. graduate degree, certificate program), but not sure of your next step? Meet with a career educator to develop an application strategy and explore how to make a decision.
- Related resources: Navigating Career Uncertainty workshop*
Job Searching (45 min pre-booked and 30 min just-in-time appointments offered)
Feeling stuck in your job search? Discuss and develop your job search plan with a career educator. Together we will identify strategies to navigating the job search process, including how to discuss needs and accommodations.
- Related resources: Learn about Your Rights, Networking Strategies*, Job Search Strategies*
Just-in-time appointments – every weekday (30 min ONLY)
Each week, a limited number of appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. These appointments become available at 4 p.m. on the day before the appointments are held (or on Friday for Monday appointments).
- Available appointment types: Application Review, Career Exploration, Interview Practice, Further Education & Job Searching.
*Workshop: for availability and registration, please visit the CLNx St. George Career Exploration & Education Events calendar.
All undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates within two years
Appointments are usually available every day of the week via Microsoft Teams. The Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) displays appointments up to one week in advance.
To book an appointment, log into Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx), then visit the Career Exploration & Education Appointment Calendar to view available appointments.
If you are unable to book an appointment online via CLNx, please email email@example.com or use our online chat tool on the Career Exploration & Education department page to request help.