Book a one-on-one career advising appointment with a career educator or peer advisor if you are exploring your options, looking for work or considering graduate school. We can help you put a strategy in place!
Types of appointments
Career Start – Resource Referral (20 min. appointment)
Want to know more about everything Career Exploration & Education has to offer? Are you super busy and don’t have the time to explore all of our resources and programming?
Meet with a peer career advisor who will help you clarify your career question(s), and highlight specific programs, services, and resources that meet your unique need(s) and career goals! Think of the peer career advisors as your personal concierge to Career Exploration & Education.
Resumé & Cover Letter Review (20 min. appointment)
A peer career advisor will review your resumé and provide feedback about tailoring, formatting, highlighting your accomplishments, and other tips to strengthen your resumé. If you are applying to graduate-level research or senior-level positions, please book an Application Review appointment.
- Related resources: Resumé Toolkit, Resumé Workshop*
Application Review (30 min. appointment)
Meet with a career educator to review your job or further education application documents (e.g. personal statement, CV or resumé for further education application). To make the most of your time, bring a draft copy of your application and information about the opportunity.
- Related resources: Personal Statement Guide (PDF), Creating Your Academic CV (PDF), Personal Statements workshop*, CV and Resumés for Further Education Program Applications workshop*
Interview Prep (20 min. appointment)
Our peer career advisors will help you identify the core competencies of the role, and learn about common question types and how to craft the best answer. Note that mock interview practice is not offered through these appointments; for practice interviews please book an Interview Practice appointment.
We encourage you to bring a job posting to the appointment to help identify the relevant competencies.
- Related resources: Big Interview (CLNx > Resources), Remote Interview Strategies workshop*
Interview Practice (30 min. appointment)
Have an upcoming interview? Connect with a career educator to practice strategies to respond to different interview types and questions. To make the most of your appointment, please bring information about the opportunity and types of questions you’d like to practice. (Not sure what types of questions to anticipate? Consider an Interview Prep appointment.)
- Related resources: Interview Techniques Guide (PDF), Preparing for an Academic Interview (PDF), Remote Interview Strategies workshop*, Big Interview (CLNx > Resources)
Career Exploration (30 min. appointment)
Looking to make a decision about your career options? Connect with a career educator to develop a strategy for making decisions about your career, and navigating your options.
- Related resources: Career Exploration Orientation to access the Job Shadowing program, Career Chat*: Exploring Career Options or I’m Graduating – What’s Next?, Navigating Career Uncertainty workshop*
Further Education (30 min. appointment)
Explored multiple further education programs (e.g. graduate degree, certificate program), but not sure of your next step? Meet with a career educator to develop an application strategy, and explore how to make decision about your next step.
- Related resources: Career Chat*: Exploring Further Education, or I’m Graduating – What’s Next?, Navigating Career Uncertainty workshop*
Job Searching (30 min. appointment)
Feeling stuck in your job search? Discuss and develop your job search plan with a career educator. Together we will identify strategies for navigating the job search process, including how to discuss needs and accommodations.
- Related resources: Learn about Your Rights, Career Chat*: I’m Graduating – What’s Next?, Networking, Job Search Motivation, Job Searching during COVID-19 workshop*
A limited number of drop-in appointments are available on a first-come first-served basis on Tuesdays from 3:30 – 6 p.m.
*Workshop: for availability and registration please visit the St. George Career Exploration & Education Events calendar on the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx)
All undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates within two years
Book your appointment through the St. George Career Exploration & Education Appointment calendar on Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx).