My Career Story series is an opportunity for current students and recent graduates to connect with and hear alumni share their unique career stories, while reflecting on the various ways they have been able to integrate their skills, identity, values and interests into their careers. These alumni stories will highlight the importance of uncertainty, non-linear careers and exploration when considering how your academics, experiences, identity and interests translate to various career opportunities.
What to expect at a My Career Story event?
- Explore the role identity plays in navigating careers.
- Learn about the diverse non-linear career paths of alumni.
- Identify how transferable skills lead to diverse career options.
- Unique and unexpected ways alumni used their degree.
- Explore different positions, industries and sectors.
- Connect and network with alumni across various industries with diverse academic backgrounds.
Open to all current students and recent alumni (up to 2 years after graduation)
How The Program Works
Sessions will begin with alumni sharing their stories through a short talk, followed by structured questions, then audience questions and discussion, followed by networking and further conversations. These sessions will be held virtually or in person.
Check out the Career Exploration & Education Events Calendar on CLNx for upcoming events!
Program Activities & Schedule30 Nov
My Career Story for International Students
Gain insight from alumni panelists from life sciences, computer science, consulting and sales!
- Ali Khan, Product & Training Specialist at IBM
- Anna Pan, iOS Developer at Warner Music Group
- Katrina Chiu, Health System Partnerships Associate, Business Development at Maple
What Students Are Saying12 votes
Thank you so much for hosting today's networking session. It was one of the best presentations and networking sessions that I've attended thus far at U of T. I appreciate you giving time to students to ask questions and introduce ourselves to the speaker.