Moving Forward is a summer transition program specifically designed for new, incoming students who self-identify as having disabilities and who are entering any level of post-secondary education at any institution. This program is also for students who have not yet attended a Moving Forward orientation event.
This program supports students by:
- helping you navigate academic accommodations at the post-secondary level
- introducing you to online, hybrid, and in-person learning, lectures and note-taking
- giving you strategies for managing life in and out of the classroom (including tips for virtual and hybrid learning)
- teaching you university-level academic learning strategies and skills
- connecting you with a community of peers and Accessibility Services staff
- helping you transition to the next stage of your academic career
Join us for a series of workshops, panels and strategy sessions to get familiar with Accessibility Services and accommodations, and learn tips to prepare you for post-secondary learning!
You may also consider Transition Day.
Interested in learning more about Accessibility Services and Moving Forward? Check out our video playlist.
For undergraduate and graduate students entering first-year at any post-secondary institution in Canada, who identify as living with a disability. Incoming students to University of Toronto St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough are all welcome to attend!
Moving Forward offers general programming for students at any study level, and specific programming for:
- incoming students in graduate and second entry programs (Masters, PhD levels)
- incoming students on the Autism Spectrum
- incoming students who are international/living outside of Ontario
Register on CLNx through the links below:
Summer 2023 schedule
- Moving Forward: Get Started (Undergrad) on July 5, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (ASD) on July 11, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (International) on July 12, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (FAS) on July 18, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (Grad) on July 20, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (ADHD) on August 1, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (Mental Health) on August 2, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (Undergrad) on August 8, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (ASD) on August 9, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Get Started (Grad) on August 10, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Orientation (Undergrad) on August 28 & 29, 9 – 3 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Orientation (Grad) on August 31, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Moving Forward: Refresher on September 14, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.