Moving Forward is a summer transition program specifically designed for new, incoming students living with disabilities who are entering any level of post-secondary education at any institution. This one-day program supports students by:
- helping you navigate academic accommodations at the post-secondary level
- introducing you to online learning, lectures and note-taking
- giving you strategies for managing life in and out of the classroom (including tips for virtual and hybrid learning)
- teaching you university-level academic learning strategies and skills
- connecting you with a community of peers and Accessibility Services staff
- helping you transition to the next stage of your academic career
Join us for a series of workshops, panels and strategy sessions to get familiar with Accessibility Services and accommodations, and learn tips to prepare you for post-secondary learning!
You may also consider Transition Day.
For undergraduate and graduate students entering first-year at any post-secondary institution in Canada, who identify as living with a disability. Incoming students to University of Toronto St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough are all welcome to attend!
Moving Forward offers specific programming for:
- incoming undergraduate students
- incoming graduate students (Masters, PhD levels)
- incoming Faculty of Arts & Science students
- incoming students in second entry/professional faculties (e.g. Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, Faculty of Music, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape & Design, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Law, etc.)
- incoming students who are international/living outside of Ontario
Register for one of the following events. All events are for students with disabilities, e.g. learning disability, mental health-related, ADHD, physical challenges or another accessibility issue.
- June 29, 12 – 4 p.m. (open to all students, Faculty of Arts & Science students are encouraged to attend)
- July 14, 12– 4 p.m.
- July 19, 12 – 4 p.m. (open to second entry/professional faculty students)
- August 24, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (open to international students or students living outside of Ontario)
- August 25, 12 – 4 p.m.
- August 26, 4 – 8 p.m. (open to graduate students)
You can also register for a Moving Forward Refresher during the first week of classes to remind you what you need to know as a student living with a disability, who is registered with Accessibility Services:
All events run remotely on Zoom. Please ensure you have the most updated version of Zoom to participate.