Develop your leadership skills and make connections on campus through Learning to Lead.
Join us for a multidisciplinary workshop series where you’ll build leadership skills, connect with your peers, and gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your community.
Learning to Lead is a CCR eligible program.
Program EligibilityU of T undergraduate students from any college or faculty interested in getting more involved in the campus community and developing their leadership skills. Students who are interested in applying for any type of peer mentor or leadership position on campus.
How The Program Works
You choose how to earn your Learning to Lead Certificate and earn CCR recognition!
- Take five qualifying workshops over the course of the academic year, or
- Take four qualifying workshops and complete one self-directed learning reflection, or
- Take three qualifying workshops and complete two self-directed learning reflections
Learning to Lead core workshops:
- What is Leadership?
- Refining Your Skills, Group Dynamics
- Goal Setting & Reflection
- Transformation through Visioning
- Exploring Leadership & Passions
- Introverted Leadership
- Creating an Inclusive Environments
- Equity 101
- Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- Self-Awareness – Foundational Work in Equity
- Mentoring & Coaching Conversations
- Explore Your Strengths
- Know Your Skills (in partnership with Career Exploration & Education)
- Exploring Meaningful Work
- (in partnership with Career Exploration & Education)
- Intercultural Communications (in partnership with Centre for International Experience)
- Effective Feedback (in partnership with ULead)
- Appreciation (in partnership with ULead)
- Stepping into New Roles (in partnership with ULead)
- Prioritization: Tools & Techniques (in partnership with ULead)
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
Note: There is a maximum capacity for workshops, so please ensure that you attend all workshops you sign up for to avoid taking spaces from other students. If there is low registration some workshops may be cancelled. You will be given at least 48 hours notice if this happens. Thank you for your understanding.
To explore the self-directed learning reflection option for completing your Learning to Lead Certificate, please email email@example.com.