Leadership for Grads is an engaging and practical series of workshops that help graduate students put leadership theories into practice.
Strengthen your leadership, collaboration, and reflection skills, while deepening your understanding leadership in practice. This program is ideal for grad students looking to run effective research groups, lead committee meetings and facilitate classroom environments.
U of T graduate students
How The Program Works
Graduate students attend workshops that are tailored to their needs and interests.
Leadership for Grads is Co-Curricular Record (CCR) eligible. Complete any three qualifying workshops OR any two qualifying workshops and one self-directed learning reflection to complete Leadership for Grads.
Leadership for Grads core workshops:
- Collaborative Visioning
- Facilitating a Team Online
- Navigating Uncertainty
- Organizational Communication: Exploring Leadership and Management
- Making Meaning of Your Leadership Journey (on hold)
- Communication & Conflict Resolution (C&CR) Part 1: Conflict & Me
- Communication & Conflict Resolution (C&CR) Part 2: Interpersonal Conflict
- Communication & Conflict Resolution (C&CR) Part 3: Conflict & Group Dynamics
- Communication & Conflict Resolution (C&CR) Part 4: Conflict on Teams (Work Styles)
Additional qualifying workshops:
Offered in partnership with Clubs Essential Training (formerly ULead):
- Team Building & Group Dynamics in a Virtual World
- Facilitating Virtual Meetings
Offered in partnership with Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Education:
- Creating Inclusive Environments
- Equity 101
- Introduction to Anti-Oppressive Practice
- Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- Intermediate Interventions
- Self-Awareness – Foundational Work in Equity
- Self Care
Offered in partnership with Career Exploration & Education:
- Identifying Transferable Skills
- Navigating Career Uncertainty
Note: There is a maximum capacity for workshops, so please attend all workshops that you sign up for to avoid taking spaces from other students. If there is low registration (less than 10 students) some workshops may be cancelled. You will be given at least 48 hours notice if this happens.
Register for this program on CLNx and then sign up for any of the qualifying workshops. All workshops are open for registration on the Leadership, Mentorship and Clubs calendar under Events and Workshops on CLNx.
What Students Are Saying1 votes
The interactive structure of the sessions is great! I liked that there was a lot of practical information covered and grad students leading the workshop to feel connected to other students.
2020-2021 Leadership for Grads Participant