Leadership for Grads is a series of workshops to help graduate students apply leadership theories to their every day lives. Strengthen your organization and collaboration skills so you can run effective research groups, lead committee meetings and facilitate classroom environments.
U of T graduate students
How The Program Works
Graduate students attend workshops that are tailored to their needs and interests.
Leadership for Grads is Co-curricular Record (CCR) eligible. Complete any three qualifying workshops OR any two qualifying workshops and one self-directed learning reflection to complete your Leadership for Grads Certificate.
Leadership for Grads core workshops:
- Group Dynamics and Leadership: What Makes a Good Leader?
- Group Dynamics & Team Building in a Virtual World (NEW!)
- Feeling like a Fraud: “Imposterness”
- Collaborative Visioning
- Navigating Uncertainty
- Organizational Communication: Exploring Leadership and Management
- Facilitating a Team
- Making Meaning of Your Leadership Journey
- Leadership for Grads Full Day
- Identifying Transferable Skills (Masters, PhDs & PDFs) (in partnership with Career Exploration & Education)
- Navigating Career Uncertainty (in partnership with Career Exploration & Education)
- Exploring Your Strengths
- Facilitating Virtual Meetings
- Equity 101
- Introduction to Anti-Oppressive Practices (AOP)
- Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- Self-Awareness – Foundational Work in Equity
- Communication and Conflict Resolution Workshop Series
Note: There is a maximum capacity for workshops, so if you sign up for a workshop please make sure that you attend. If there is low registration, some workshops may be cancelled or shortened. You will be given at least 48 hours notice if this happens.
If you have a group of students who would like a custom workshop, please inquire with the program contact.
To explore the self-directed learning reflection option for completing your Leadership for Grads Certificate, please email email@example.com.
Complete registration links coming soon!
- July 8, 3:30 – 5 p.m. Introduction to Anti-Oppressive Practices (AOP)
- July 9, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Self-Awareness – Foundational Work in Equity
- July 9, 1 – 2:30 p.m. Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- July 10, 1:30 – 3 p.m. Communication & Conflict Resolution 1
- July 15, 1 – 2 p.m. Leadership for Grads: Group Dynamics & Team Building in a Virtual World
- July 16, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Ulead: Facilitating Virtual Meetings
- July 17, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Navigating Career Uncertainty
- July 20, 1 – 2:30 p.m. Communication & Conflict Resolution 3
- July 28, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Communication & Conflict Resolution 2
- July 28, 2 – 3:30 p.m. Equity 101: Six Conversations About Equity
- July 29, 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. Exploring Your Strengths – Leveraging Your Natural Talents During Challenging Times
- July 29, 3:30 – 5 p.m. Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- July 30, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Facilitating Virtual Meetings
- August 5, 9 – 10:30 a.m. Understanding & Responding to Microaggressions
- August 7, 2 – 3:30 p.m. Communication & Conflict Resolution 2
- August 11, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Communication & Conflict Resolution 3
- August 12, 9 – 10:30 a.m. Self-Awareness – Foundational Work in Equity
- August 26, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Navigating Career Uncertainty