Explore models of leadership in corporate and community sectors, engage with leading professionals and apply this experience to your own leadership.
Engage in relationship building with your peers through small and large group discussions. Participate in interactive modules and facilitated Q&As with professional leaders who practice inclusive styles of leadership from across a variety of sectors.
The 2022-23 Leadership Exchange theme is: Leading with Empathy.
Forbes identified empathy as “the most important leadership skill.” Brene Brown, Adam Grant and Simon Sinek all agree that empathy and vulnerability are key to leading with integrity. Join a select group of students interested in exploring how empathy, inclusivity and connection building are essential leadership skills for the future.
Leadership Exchange is a CCR eligible program.
All undergraduate and graduate students
How The Program Works
Leadership Exchange Winter 2023 Agenda
Tuesday, February 21: In-person workshops and site visit
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Pre-exchange reflection, Goal Setting & Equity session (On-campus).
- 12 – 12:45 p.m. Catered lunch & social.
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. Tour of Legislature: Active & Engaged Citizenship.
- 3 – 5 p.m. Post tour discussion with special guest (TBC).
Wednesday, February 22: Virtual speaker panel (Zoom)
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. Warm up for the day.
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m. Keynote speaker.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Speaker panel and Q&A (speakers to be announced soon!)
- 12:20 – 1 p.m. Reflection, integration and synthesis.
Thursday, February 23: In-person workshops, reflection and application
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. Review of key themes, topics and points of interest from the week.
- 10:30 – 12:30 p.m. Theories, Strengths Quest Personality Inventory & Integrative Work Styles activities.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch and hangout.
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. Chat with the Centre for Community Partnerships on connecting learning to personal and professional growth and on and off-campus opportunities.
- 3 – 3:45 p.m. Reflection session.
- 3:45 – 5 p.m. Closing.
*Lunch will be provided on February 21 and 23.
Please complete the registration application form. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-January. This program has capacity for 25 students.
Applications are closed.
What Students Are SayingRATE
I was incredibly satisfied with my experience at the Leadership Exchange. It truly exceeded my expectations. I did not expect an online Zoom session to be so engaging, transformational and empowering. I feel so much more confident and inspired to go out into my community and the world and contribute my unique skills and abilities. Leadership happens in the everyday and that is something this retreat helped me to realize.
Leadership Exchange 2021 Participant