We encourage incoming graduate students to participate in orientation sessions in August and September to learn about strategies for success in grad school, hear about grad specific resources and connect with other incoming graduate students.
Topics may include:
- time management
- graduate school culture and expectations
- managing coursework and readings
- thinking about your research plan
- campus resources
- ways to enhance your graduate experience beyond your department
Find and register for upcoming orientation events under Program Registration below.
Incoming graduate students to U of T
Register for the following events on CLNx:
- Thursday, August 5, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Grad Talk: Talking to New People Online for Incoming Grad Students
- Wednesday, August 25, 7 – 8 p.m. Grad Connect: Social for Incoming Students
- Thursday, August 26, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Grad Connect: Social for Incoming Students
- Monday, August 30, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Transitioning to Gradlife: Strategies for Academic Success, Finding Community and Campus Resources (research stream)
- Wednesday, September 1, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Transitioning to Gradlife: Strategies for Academic Success, Finding Community and Campus Resources (professional stream)
See ALL events on the CLNx Gradlife events calendar.