Finding Your Own Mentor is a six module e-course that will lead you through steps to determine who might be an effective mentor and the steps to start cultivating a mentoring relationship.
Module 1 Introduction
- Be introduced to a “virtual peer mentor” who will guide you through the process
- Review the 6 sessions and how to navigate the online learning experience
Module 2 Finding Potential Mentors
- Create a list of potential mentors that you already know
- Learn to use other platforms to broaden your network
Module 3 Making the Connection
- Develop strategies to request informational interviews
- Learn some dos and don’t about conducting informational interviews
Module 4 The Right Mentor for You
- Learn more about the role of the mentor and your role in the process
- Determine what Mentor characteristics are most important to you
Module 5 Moving From Acquaintance to Mentor
- Learning strategies that will help you deepen your relationships with potential mentors
- Receive advice from Mentors on Frequently Asked Questions
Module 6 Sustaining the Relationship
- Develop strategies to maximize your mentoring relationships
Finding Your Own Mentor is a Co-Curricular Record (CCR) eligible program.
Program EligibilityAll undergraduate and graduate students
How The Program Works
Progress through six self-directed modules at your own pace. Complete 80% of the activities and complete the reflection survey to earn CCR recognition.