Connect with a learning strategist and fellow students during these group drop-in sessions to ask questions, discuss your current strategies and learn new skills.
Topics can include:
- productively working from home
- time and project management
- navigating short and long term goals
- reviewing your current strategies for increased effectiveness
Examples of questions you can bring:
- How can I improve my current time management strategies?
- How can I find motivation and create structure while working from home?
- How can I better split up my studying and project work?
- How can I extract more relevant information or take better notes from my readings?
U of T students who are registered with Accessibility Services
How The Program Works
Format: Each 60-minute group drop-in session is led by a learning strategist and a peer facilitator. You will have opportunities to ask questions about learning strategies in a group setting and listen in on discussions. Questions will be answered in a first come, first served format. Come when you can and stay for as long as you’d like – you don’t need to stay for all 60 minutes each week!
Participation: Being on camera, using your mic, or participating in the chat are all optional. We welcome you to participate in a way that works for you. You are welcome to ask your own questions or simply observe these sessions to learn from ongoing discussions.
Materials: You are not required to bring any materials to these sessions, but we encourage you to come prepared with questions. Recordings of these sessions will not be provided to encourage the participation of all student attendees.
Platform access information: This session will be delivered using MS Teams. Information on how to access live captions, and all other accessibility information for MS Teams, can be found on this MS Teams accessibility page. General information on how to use MS Teams can be found on this EASI MS Teams Meeting instruction sheet.
Questions: If you have other questions about the group drop-in format, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.