Community of Champions is a campus recognition program.
These individuals use strategies and approaches that support all students, especially those who experience marginalization and underrepresentation at U of T.
We hope that by sharing their stories, these champions will inspire more widespread adoption of supportive practices.
Here are some of our past champions:
- Recognized Study Groups program at Faculty of Arts & Science
- Greta Golick, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information (sadly missed)
- Jenna Hartel, Professor Faculty of Information
- Dana Patterson, Undergraduate Coordinator, Human Biology program
- Pooja Mansukhani, Registered Dietitian and Food Safety Officer, New College
- Dr. Laprade, Associate Professor, Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Bryan Reece, Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy
- Maki Iwase, Assistant Professor, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing.
- Jenna Brooke, Senior Lecturer, University of St. Michael’s College in the SMC One program
- S. Trimble, Assistant Professor, Women and Gender Studies Institute
- William Ju, Associate Professor, Department of Human Biology
- The University of Toronto Sexual Education and Peer Support Centre is a not-for-profit, volunteer-run student service/student group on the St. George campus.
- Caffiends is a student-run, volunteer-operated cafe at Victoria College
Program EligibilityAll undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff
How The Program Works
Who will you nominate in 2021?
The nomination form will be available soon.