Community of Champions
Community of Champions is a campus recognition program.
Each year we acknowledge and celebrate individuals, groups and/or initiatives who or that make an important contribution to building a healthier and more supportive learning environment on campus.
Through our conversations with students, we’ve heard many stories of students, staff and faculty engaging in practices that contribute to students feeling a greater sense of belonging and community – even in large classes. These folks make others feel comfortable in approaching them when needed, and supported in achieving their academic goals.
Here are some of our past champions:
- Recognized Study Groups program at Faculty of Arts & Science
- Greta Golick, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information (sadly missed)
- Jenna Hartel, Professor Faculty of Information
- Dana Patterson, Undergraduate Coordinator, Human Biology program
- Pooja Mansukhani, Registered Dietitian and Food Safety Officer, New College
- Dr. Laprade, Associate Professor, Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Bryan Reece, Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy
- Maki Iwase, Assistant Professor, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing.
- Jenna Brooke, Senior Lecturer, University of St. Michael’s College in the SMC One program
- S. Trimble, Assistant Professor, Women and Gender Studies Institute
- William Ju, Associate Professor, Department of Human Biology
- The University of Toronto Sexual Education and Peer Support Centre is a not-for-profit, volunteer-run student service/student group on the St. George campus.
- Caffiends is a student-run, volunteer-operated cafe at Victoria College
All undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff.
How The Program Works
Who will you nominate in 2020?
The nomination form will be available soon.