Community of Champions is a campus recognition program.
Each year we acknowledge and celebrate individuals, groups and/or initiatives who or that make an important contribution to building a healthier and more supportive learning environment on campus.
Through our conversations with students, we’ve heard many stories of students, staff and faculty engaging in practices that contribute to students feeling a greater sense of belonging and community – even in large classes. These folks make others feel comfortable in approaching them when needed, and supported in achieving their academic goals.
Here are some of our past champions:
- Recognized Study Groups program at Faculty of Arts & Science
- Greta Golick, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information (sadly missed)
- Jenna Hartel, Professor Faculty of Information
- Dana Patterson, Undergraduate Coordinator, Human Biology program
- Pooja Mansukhani, Registered Dietitian and Food Safety Officer, New College
- Dr. Laprade, Associate Professor, Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Bryan Reece, Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy
- Maki Iwase, Assistant Professor, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing.
- Jenna Brooke, Senior Lecturer, University of St. Michael’s College in the SMC One program
- S. Trimble, Assistant Professor, Women and Gender Studies Institute
- William Ju, Associate Professor, Department of Human Biology
- The University of Toronto Sexual Education and Peer Support Centre is a not-for-profit, volunteer-run student service/student group on the St. George campus.
- Caffiends is a student-run, volunteer-operated cafe at Victoria College
Program EligibilityAll undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff.
How The Program Works
Who will you nominate in 2020?
The nomination form will be available soon.