Club Cafés gather club leaders from specific executive roles for casual conversation, networking, brainstorming and troubleshooting. They count towards the Clubs Essential Training program.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Engaging and Motivating Team
Club Cafés are for student leaders of U of T recognized campus groups on the St. George campus. This includes student societies, course unions and affiliate organizations. University of Toronto Mississauga and University of Toronto Scarborough groups are welcome to attend events, but the focus is on St. George campus.
How The Program Works
Student leaders attend a series of leadership activities over the academic year including:
- the annual Presidents’ Retreat
- summer Clubs Essential Training workshops
- fall/winter workshops, and
- Club Cafés
To receive a Clubs Essential Training certificate, individuals are required to attend 3 workshops across the three leadership categories:
- 1 from Organizational Development and Membership Engagement
- 1 from Executive Role Development
- 1 from Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Register for workshops and Club Cafés on the CLNx under Events & Workshops > Leadership, Mentorship & Clubs.
Note: Workshops are now a mix of virtual and in-person. Please double check the location of the workshop before enrolling to ensure you are comfortable attending.
For a full list of workshops and Club Cafés, see Clubs Essential Training Workshops.