Clubs & Leadership Development gives awards to campus clubs and organizations on the St. George campus to acknowledge the amazing work of U of T students and staff members. Winners are announced at the Student Life Year End Celebration.
Nominations are currently closed.
Program EligibilityAwards are available to all Ulife-recognized clubs, organizations and their members along with University of Toronto employed faculty/staff. Awards may be peer or self-nominated. See the specific eligibility requirements for each award under How the Program Works.
How The Program Works
Program Event of the Year
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in event and program planning by any group recognized through the University of Toronto (Ulife).
- Any event/program is eligible for the award.
- The event/program can have one or multiple organizing clubs that are recognized by Ulife.
- The award can be nominated by the organizing club or attendees who are not part of the organizing body.
Executive Leader of the Year
This award recognizes the outstanding and “above and beyond” contributions of an executive member who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and role modelling.
- The nominee demonstrates leadership by being a great team player, empowering and engaging other members and improving the organization and effectiveness of the club.
- They develop positive relationships with other members, other clubs and have enhanced the impact and influence of the club.
- They are dedicated to their academics at U of T and successfully balances academics and their role in the club.
- They must be in good academic standing and enrolled in courses at U of T during their time as club executive.
New Member of the Year
This award recognizes the contributions of a new member in a University of Toronto (Ulife) recognized club or organization who stands out and has stepped up this year.
- This person can be in any year of study at the University of Toronto.
- They must be in good academic standing.
- They demonstrate a good balance of their academics and extracurricular involvement in the club.
- They have had a positive impact on the club.
- They have demonstrated excellent leadership and dedication to the club.
- They are committed to personal growth and have challenged themselves this year.
Team Player of the Year
This award recognizes the contributions of a student member in a University of Toronto (Ulife) recognized club or organization who embodies what it means to be a team player: helpful, dedicated, kind to all members, reliable, takes initiative and acts as an excellent role model.
- This person has made a positive impact on the club and has demonstrated excellent leadership and dedication to the club.
- The nominee may be in any year of study at the University of Toronto.
- The nominee must be in good academic standing and demonstrate good balance of academic and extracurricular involvement in the club.
- They may or may not be an executive member.
Outstanding Initiative or Vision for Campus Club or Organization
This award recognizes an innovative or creative approach or project undertaken by a University of Toronto (Ulife) recognized club or organization. This award was developed to identify and celebrate projects and initiatives that are not necessarily events or programs.
- This new idea was developed to solve an issue, to improve the impact or function of the club or to improve the lives/experiences of U of T students.
- This initiative or idea had a profound impact and will be implemented into future club activities and plans.
Outstanding Staff/Faculty Guidance & Support
This award recognizes and celebrates staff and faculty who have shown a commitment to supporting student organizations and their development. Through the efforts of this staff or faculty member, club and group leaders feel supported and connected to the larger U of T community.
- Any University of Toronto employed staff or faculty member is eligible for this award.
- The nominee demonstrates curiosity and care in supporting campus organization(s) and their leaders’ ideas, initiatives and innovations.
- They foster intentional and meaningful positive relationships with club and group leaders while connecting them to helpful resources.
Awards will be announced at the Student Life Year End Celebration (date TBA, April 2020). Invitations will be emailed to all students and clubs nominated in March 2020.
Award winners will receive their award at the celebration and their names will be engraved on the annual wall plaques that are on display in the Ulife Service Centre at the 21 Sussex Clubhouse.