Posted: April 1, 2021
Congratulations on your acceptance to U of T!
New students: to have access to online services starting Day 1 of classes, you must convert your JOINid to a UTORid.
Don’t wait until the last minute: Skip the start-of-term rush and get access to all your U of T online resources as soon as possible. You can make an appointment with TCard Services as early as April 1 for summer classes, May 1 for fall.
Your UTORid is your digital student credential. UTORid will use the same name as your JOINid—which you received when you submitted an application to U of T—but gives you access to more than the JOINid can.
Your UTORid and password provide access to online services including:
- UTmail+, your official U of T student email address
- course content on Quercus, the online teaching platform at U of T
- webinars and lecture recordings for some of your courses
- ACORN, University of Toronto’s student information service, for managing your student life
- library resources, such as online access to article databases and more
- Microsoft365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and access to Skype
- WiFi, for those on campus
- network services for international students — so you can securely access U of T systems like Quercus and BB Collaborate from overseas
Both graduate and undergraduate students should make appointments with TCard Services to get a UTORid. Go to the Get your UTORid & TCard page for details. You can pick up your physical TCard when you arrive on campus.
Make sure you activate your UTORid before the start of classes—set up your appointment soon.