Posted August 30, 2023
By Sarah Ryeland-Etienne
ASKme ambassadors are back, answering questions from both new and returning students at booths in key locations all over the St. George campus. In the first six days of the program, ambassadors helped more than 1,000 students, surpassing last year’s numbers by more than 200.
The booths, which feature bright orange signs and the friendly faces of upper-year students and recent alumni, welcome students and share helpful information, creating a positive environment for new students as they arrive on campus, helping them feel more confident as they navigate their surroundings.
As staff and faculty, you can participate too. Wear an ASKme button to show you’re available to answer questions and if you don’t have one yet, you can pick up a button at any of the following ASKme locations:
- King’s College Rd. & College St., at the campus gates
- St. George St. & College St., at Koffler Student Services Centre
- St. George St. & Willcocks St., near Sidney Smith Hall
Remember, you don’t need to have all the answers to be helpful. Here are some general places to refer students:
- map.utoronto.ca (map of buildings on campus)
- uoft.me/registrars (a listing of all registrars)
- tcard.utoronto.ca (info about student ID cards & UTORid)
- uoft.me/navi (for mental health and general campus resources)
Wear your ASKme button from now until September 15. ASKme is a Student Life initiative. For more information, contact Diana Scattolon at email@example.com or 416-946-7752.