Reported March 16, 2020
Our office remains available to you, although we ask that you limit your communication to phone and email contact: email@example.com or 416-978-8060.
- We will be actively reaching out in the coming week to those students who we know will be most impacted to check-in and discuss your various options.
- If you would like to communicate a specific accessibility related concern to your advisor about a change that has been made in your course(s), please use the Advisor Update Form (PDF) to help ensure we have all the information that we need to respond in an appropriate and timely way. We will be triaging for urgency and immediate need, and appreciate your patience. Non-urgent situations may have a longer than normal response time, but we will get back to you.
- We will continue to hold accessibility and learning strategist appointments with our students, as scheduled, however these will now be phone or Skype based.
- All drop-in times with accessibility advisors are cancelled until further notice.
- The Volunteer Note-taking program continues to run, and we have asked all volunteer note-takers to continue taking notes online and upload to the Note-taking Portal for you to access.
- Accommodated testing will be provided, as scheduled, for students on Monday, March 16, however all test/exam evaluations for Monday have been shifted to an online format. Those students who were registered to write with accommodations on Monday have already received communications from Accommodated Testing Services notifying them of the change and providing them with additional instructions and details. For students registered Tuesday to Friday (March 17-20) for tests/exams, please assume your test/exam will be running, as scheduled, but most likely it will be in an online format. You will be receiving notice very shortly from Accommodated Testing Services notifying you of next steps.
- Students should continue to book and register to receive accommodations for their test/exams using the usual process at: https://clockwork.studentlife.utoronto.ca/custom/misc/home.aspx as has been previously indicated, the deadline to register, if you wish to utilize accommodations for the April exam period, is March 23.
- Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) Funding remains in place, so long as a course is running and has not been cancelled. Please continue to utilize these supports, and submit receipts to Enrollment Services as per usual.
- We are cancelling all group programming and non-essential services, effective immediately, until further notice.