The Leadership Exchange
The Leadership Exchange
The Leadership Exchange is a cohort-based experiential leadership program that explores and develops the leadership skills of students at the University of Toronto.
Students will use our nation’s capital, Ottawa, as the site for an immersion experience.
The Leadership Exchange participants will engage with leadership theories, and focus on collaborative leadership. Through site visits and meetings, students will investigate what leadership looks and feels like in various settings including: government, education, not-for-profit organizations and the corporate sector.
This program will allow students to form connections, build relationships and understand different leadership styles. Students will be challenged to think about leadership theory in practice, and integrate all of their observations and experiences into their development as leaders.
The main purpose of the program will be for students to:
- Explore different leadership theories in practice, such as collaborative leadership
- Develop their understanding of different leadership styles and best practices
- Think critically about their role in leadership (related to organizations, campus, etc.)
- Apply what they have learned in their studies, experiences and to their next steps as a leader
- U of T students from any college or faculty interested in leadership in relation to various areas of the community
- U of T students who are interested in travelling to our nation’s capital (Ottawa) through part of November reading week to learn more about themselves, their leadership style and collaborative leadership in a broader context
How it Works
- Apply for the program (apply by September 28 at 9 a.m. for early bird rate.
- Make sure to attend pre-experience session (week of October 23, 2017).
- Attend the full November adventure to Ottawa (November 5 - 9, 2017).
- Complete a post-experience reflection (end of November 2017).
Please Note: Early bird rate fee is $300, Full rate fee is $350
This includes all transportation, accommodation within Ottawa, pre and post experience sessions, and at least two meals per day. More information on how to submit payment will be given as applications are submitted.
Team Lead Role
Apply to organize and support the Leadership Exchange program!
Students who serve in the team lead role will meet bi-weekly to plan many of the aspects of the Leadership Exchange program (travel information, logistics, reflection, etc.).
Participation will be CCR eligible. Further, team leads will have 50% of their fee to Leadership Exchange covered (each team lead will be responsible for paying only $150 towards the program)
Applications for Team Lead are now closed. Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Leadership Exchange Application Form
Deadline to apply was Thursday, September 28 at 9 a.m.
Applications for Leadership Exchange are now closed. Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.