You have basic health insurance coverage through either provincial health insurance or the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
These plans cover most doctor and hospital visits, but they do not cover services such as prescription medication, physiotherapy, dental care, vision care and psychotherapy.
You will likely have partial coverage for additional services through a supplementary health insurance plan provided by one of the following:
- Association of Part-time Undergraduate Students (APUS)
- Scarborough Campus Students’ Union (SCSU)
- University of Toronto Graduate Students’ Union (UTGSU)
- University of Toronto Mississauga Students’ Union (UTMSU)
- University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU)
Students in the School of Continuing Studies (SCS) English Language Program have access to the services for the duration of their course (4 weeks to 12 weeks) while their health insurance coverage is valid. Visit the SCS Health insurance and services page for more information.