In partnership with Indigenous Student Services and led by the Indigenous Career Educator, Amanda Andrews – we offer culturally relevant and meaningful career supports for Indigenous students to explore what you can do with your degree, discover job opportunities in a variety of fields and industries, and consider further education options and plans.
Connect one-on-one with the Indigenous Career Educator to:
- Learn about career programs, services, resources and work opportunities.
- Review your job or further education application documents (e.g. personal statement, CV or résumé for further education application).
- Practice strategies to respond to different interview types and questions.
- Develop a strategy for making decisions about your career and navigating your options.
- Develop a strategy for applying to further education and explore how to make a decision.
- Discuss and develop your job search plan.
Winter 2023 programming
Attend upcoming workshops and programming to focus on career exploration, further education and job searching.
- January 31: What’s Up in Career Exploration & Education (CxED)?
- February 28: Indigenous Career Educator – In-person Drop In Office Hours
- March 7: What’s Up in Academic Success and Career Exploration & Education (CxED)?
- March 14: Indigenous Career Educator – In-person Drop In Office Hours
Additional resources for Indigenous students
Role on Team: Indigenous Career Educator
Ahnii/Hello! My name is Amanda Andrews and I go by the pronouns she/her. I am Anishnawbe Kwe from Neyaashiinigmiing Unceded First Nation (Cape Croker/Chippewas of Nawash 27). As the Indigenous Career Educator with Career Exploration & Education I look forward to supporting you during your career journey. Baamaapii (see you soon)!Learn more about Amanda
Booking & Documentation
To book an appointment, log into Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx), visit the Career Exploration & Education Appointment Calendar, and select “Indigenous Student Career Appointment” to access available appointments.
Watch Using the CLNx: Booking an appointment on YouTube for help.