When should I book an appointment with my accessibility advisor?
- To discuss the impact of your disability on your academic work.
- To request assistance accessing the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) & receive referrals for assessments.
- To review updated medical documentation.
- To discuss changes to your academic accommodations and reducing your course load.
- To provide information about any petitions you are filing for outstanding work or deferred exams.
- To discuss changes to your ability to complete academic work due to disability.
- To renew your accommodations, if applicable. Please note updated documentation may be required.
- To request clarification about academic accommodations, processes, and policies.
- To problem-solve around disability-related academic issues.
- To discuss the impact of your disability on your practicum or placement.
When should I visit my advisor’s drop-in hours?
- To get or provide signatures on forms, submit updated documentation, and pick up information about events and resources.
- To request clarification about academic accommodations, processes and policies.
- To problem-solve time-sensitive issues.
- To discuss referrals to see a Learning Strategist, Adaptive Technologist or a tutor.
When should I email my accessibility advisor?
- To update your Accessibility Advisor during a flare-up of disability-related symptoms with an academic impact.
- To update your Accessibility Advisor that you will miss or have missed a class or lab due to disability-related symptoms.
Remember: you may still need to meet in person to problem-solve or discuss a change in your accommodations.
When should I meet with a peer advisor or use the “Live Chat with Us” feature?
- To learn about the services and resources at Accessibility Services & U of T.
- To register for tests and exams.
- To download your Letters of Accommodation.
- To write emails and get tips on communicating with your professors and instructors.
- To get tips on planning your semester, time-management, and managing school work.
Go to Live Chat with Us.
When should I contact (call/email/visit) the front desk?
- To request information about the registration process and documentation requirements if seeking disability-related academic, residence or practicum accommodations.
- To schedule/change/update or cancel appointments made with your accessibility advisor, adaptive technologist or learning strategist.
- To inquire about services and programming offered by Accessibility Services and upcoming deadlines.
- To request a complete file transfer to another U of T campus if you have changed your home campus.
- To request information regarding the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD).
- To follow up on your registration status if you have not heard back within our typical timelines.
- To request a consult appointment with the intake coordinator if you are unsure whether you have a disability.
- To request a meeting with the Indigenous liaison.
- To request assistance in completing Student Intake Form over the phone.
- To request information about registering your service or emotional support animal.
- If you require alternate format for any of our forms e.g. fillable PDF version of an online form, printed copies, enlarged format, print on blue paper, etc.
- If you require assistive technology to interact with our staff e.g. UbiDuo Wireless, Braille Refreshable display, etc.
- To request information and requirements for renewal of accommodations or to re-register after a hiatus.
- To follow up on the status of your documentation submitted via the Document Upload Portal if you have not heard back within our typical timelines.
- Contact Accessibility Services Reception for time-sensitive inquiries when your advisor is away.
- To request switching your current accessibility advisor.
- To request documentation from your file.
- To request a letter from our office (if you were registered with Accessibility Services in the past).
- To report accessibility/elevator issues at our central office (455 Spadina Avenue) or on-location offices (at various colleges/faculties).
To book an appointment, please visit the front desk at 455 Spadina Avenue, Suite 400, 4th Floor. Or you can also call 416-978-8060 or email email@example.com (please note wait times may be longer during busy periods).