First Nations House offers culturally supportive academic advising to both undergraduate and graduate students on all three campuses. We can help with any of the following:
- assistance with academic planning
- advocacy with other U of T departments
- referrals to all U of T Student Life programs
- assistance with registration and scheduling
- pre-admission counselling
- tutorial accommodation
- assistance in applying to graduate school
- personalized one-on-one appointments
Whether you are an incoming or returning student, we can help you transition into student life and feel secure in your choices and surroundings.
Other academic support at U of T
Indigenous students can find further support at the University for a variety of academic needs.
- Academic Success provides a wide variety of support services for all U of T students.
- U of T Writing Centres provide free instruction in academic writing.
- Students who require academic accommodations can register with Accessibility Services.
- In addition to First Nations House at the St. George campus, Indigenous students enrolled at U of T Scarborough or U of T Mississauga can connect with resources available on those campuses.
Some faculties also offer support specifically for Indigenous students. The Faculty of Law provides a variety of services and programming for Indigenous law students. The Faculty of Medicine has established the Office of Indigenous Medical Education for students in Undergraduate Medical Education.
Indigenous undergraduate and graduate students
Contact the Coordinator of Academic Supports at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-1290.
What Students Are Saying3 votes
Patience and understanding, willing to go the extra mile.